Chapter Thirty-Five

MEADOW FLETCHER'S POV

November 7, 2017

THE car came to a halt, the engine shutting off. Rick, Jesus, and I exited the vehicle. I began shielding my eyes from the sun until they adjusted to the atmosphere. I looked around, taking in the area, I took a deep breath as a breeze hit my face. "It's called the Kingdom?" Rick asked Jesus, shutting the door of the car. "Yeah. I didn't name it." Jesus said, shrugging his shoulders.

Rick looked around with me also. I hugged my blade closer, we only had close range weapons and Rick's python. "How much farther?" Rick tucked a hand in his front pocket. "Well, technically, we're already here." Jesus said. "What do you mean?" I asked. "I mean, we're always here, but here we are, at the Kingdom." I raised an eyebrow. "Well, it's the outer edge." Jesus explained.

Daryl opened his side of the car, "Hey, what the hell we waitin' on?" Good question. "Waiting for them." Jesus pointed. I followed his finger, the sound of hoofbeats pressed on the road. My eyes widened, "Horses?" I whispered look at Jesus. One of the horse snorted. I smiled, "I haven't seen a horse since I was a child." My smile growing. "Who dares to trespass on the sovereign land of the-!" A man with a sword said. I raised an eyebrow, trying not to laugh. "Oh shit." The guy said. "Jesus is that you?" Jesus waves to the man. "Who are all these people Paul?" He asked Jesus.

"Hi, Richard," Jesus began, "Nice to see you." He walked towards them. "It's good to see you, too. Your friends, who are they?"

"This is Rick Grimes," He raises his hand towards Rick. "He's the leader of a like-minded community. These are some of his people. We would like to request an audience with King Ezekiel." The man got off of his horse, "Get out of the car."

Everyone exited the car . Carl stood by my side, an amused expression written all over his face. "You say they're a-a like-minded community? Like-minded how?" Richard asked. "We live, we trade, we fight the dead. Sometimes others." Richard nodded. "Line up." He said.

"Okay. This is a waste of time. Come on, let's go." Daryl said, walking back to the car. Everyone else lining up. "I agree." I spoke up. "Maybe you're right." Richard started, "The King is a busy man and it's a dangerous world. We don't usually allow a pack of strangers to waltz through our door." "We will leave a few people back if it bothers you that much. We just want to speak with the King." Rick said, he sounded annoyed. "We wanna make the world less dangerous, and we are all here to show the King, how serious we are about that." Michonne said.

"The car stays outside. You gotta hand over your guns." Richard spoke.

"We only have two." Rick said. Rick and Carl handed over their pistols. We began walking. I stayed farther back. Just to observe and watch our surroundings.

The gates of The Kingdom slowly opened. We walked through and I gazed around in awe. "Holy shit." I whispered. Men were jogging. Woman walking and gossiping. Kids running around playing a game of tag. A huge garden. I took it all in. "Morgan?" Tara asked. Morgan walked towards us, my eyes scanned around, "How do you know each other?" Richard asked. "From the start." Rick responded. "Well, the King is ready to see you." 

I began walking with the others, we walked through a few doors, "Jesus!" A voice boomed. We were now in an auditorium. A man with grey dreads and a tiger was sitting on the stage, a man and woman next to the man. The tiger growled. My eyes widened as I stepped back a bit. "It pleases me to see you, old friend." "It pleases him, indeed!" The man repeated, "Jerry." The man with the tiger glared at Jerry, "Tell me, what good news to you bring to good King Ezekiel?" Carl looked back at me, I was fixated on the tiger.

"Are these new allies you've brought me?" King Ezekiel asked, "Indeed, they are, Your Majesty." Jesus played into this clearly deranged man's fantasy of being king. Jesus turned around, all of looked like we saw a ghost, "This is-" Jesus looked back at the stage then us, "Oh, right. I forgot to mention that-" Rick cut him off, "Yeah, a tiger." I gulped, flinching as the tiger roared.