Chapter 6 - Lego House

Note: Every chapter's title is a song from Ed Sheeran. I recommend you listen to the song while reading the chapter.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I’m gonna pick up the pieces, and build a Lego house. If things go wrong we can knock it down.” I was singing my favourite song while getting ready for my date with Ed.  He told me that formal dressing was required so I had to go shopping which I kind of hate but to tell you the truth, trying on dress after dress was kind of fun. I finally found the perfect one. I was panicking when I finished dressing. I was extremely nervous. I didn’t know where we were going or what we were doing and I hated surprises. But more than that, this feels important. Too important as a matter of fact. I don’t know why but it does and that is freaking me out. I tried to make my makeup as natural as possible but flattering.  I was all ready when my phone started ringing. It was Sara.

“Hi, love.”

“Hey, what are you up too?”

“I just finished getting ready for my date.”

“Oh, right. That’s today, hum?”

“Oh, stop it you knew it. That’s why you called.”

“True, true… You have to tell me all about it when it ends.”

“Okay, I will. Now go to the beach with Harry or something…”

“I will. Talk to you later.”

“Ok, bye sweety.”

Just as I put my phone down the doorbell rang. Ed arrived. I immediately freak out a little bit while I grabbed my purse and opened the door. Ed had his back turn and as soon as I opened the door he turned and his mouth fell open.  

“You just look…” He didn’t go one. He tried but failed.

“Thank you.” I got the message. That’s the important. “So where are we going? Why did I have to get in this ridiculous and stupid dress?”

“Beautiful, ridiculous and stupid dress. You forgot the beautiful.” I rolled my eyes at him and he looked at me as if he was offended.

“That’s a thank you. Rolling my eyes is my way of accepting a complement.” I stopped because I was a little bit afraid of him leaving over one of my stupid quirks. “I told you. I’m a handful.”

“That is the most interesting and unique thing I’ve have ever heard. And I love it.”

“Wow, I am officially impressed that you haven’t left.”

“I’m not leaving. Don’t count on that.”

I smiled. “You didn’t answer my first question.”

“It’s a surprise.”

“I hate surprises.”

“Good. I’m going to keep doing them then.”

“Now, you’re just trying to annoy me.”

“Yes, yes I am. Now let’s go.”

He offered me his arm and guided me to the taxi. We didn’t talk much on the taxi because the driver kept looking at Ed. We were betting when he was going to ask for an autograph. He asked as soon as we stopped so I won 10 pounds. I noticed we were in Heathrow Airport. Ed told me to wait a bit while he went and talked to someone. After a while he came back and started leading me outside again. There was a car waiting and we got in it. After about 10 minutes the car stopped. Ed told me to stay in the car while he checked some things. When he came back, he opened the door and offered me his hand to help me get out of the car, like they do on the movies. And when I got out there was a path of rose petals leading to the stairs of a privet plane and a string quartet playing. It almost made me cry.

When we were already on the plain, I had to ask a question.

“Are you crazy?”

“I’m sorry, what?”

“Well, that’s what it looks like. Nobody does that romantic crap nowadays.”

“Well, I do. So get used to it.”

“So you’re planning to do this more times?”

“Yes, if you want.”

“Well, I might have to hide my disgust for too much romance but I’d like that.”

The flight took two hours and when I looked through the window, I saw the Eiffel Tower.

“We are in Paris? You brought me to Paris?”

“Yes, the most romantic city in the world.”

“You are incredible.”

We walked through the city at night. We went to the Eiffel tower, walk by the river and eat at a beautiful little restaurant. It was the best night of my life.