Chapter 16 - Thinking out loud

Note: Every chapter's title is a song from Ed Sheeran. I recommend you listen to the song while reading the chapter.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sara’s POV

Harry had been on the phone with Ed for half an hour and it was getting on my nerves. I was passing back and forth while Harry was just lying in bed and now that was irritating me too. I was about to take the phone from Harry’s hand when he put it down. He looked at me and just smiled.

“So?? What did Ed said?”

“He said we have to get out of the house tomorrow.”

“Why what’s happening?”

He told me everything and it made me smile. A lot.

“I can’t believe this. Only Ed to pull this off.”

“You are right there. Only Ed.”

Bia’s POV

I woke up and it was a beautiful day, so I decided to enjoy it by the pool. So I threw on my red and black bikini and a light black dress and headed downstairs. I saw Sara and Harry all dressed.

“Good morning. What’s happening, guys?”

“Very good morning Bia. Me and Sara are going out today.” Harry was in a very good mood today. Sara was smiling like crazy too.

“Okay…” I had no clue of what was going on.

“We’ll be back late in the afternoon. Have fun…” Sara with her completely excited voice.

“I… will…” I was shocked. They got out the door all happy and excited.  Note to self: Find normal friends.

While I had breakfast, I listen to some music. One of my very favourites from the boys started playing and for the first time I it hit me hard.

“We're only getting older, baby
And I've been thinking about it lately
Does it ever drive you crazy?
Just how fast the night changes…”

Things have changed so fast. First the change was good. In fact it was the best. But then it was the worst. The worst possibly scenario had happened and I’d lost him. And the only thing I wanted was to rewind the clock and make it right. Unfortunally, things don’t work that way and so here I was looking at a box of cereal, alone once again.

Finally I decided to give my head a rest from all this thinking and I went outside. I sat by the pool with my legs in the water just enjoying the silence and the beauty of the scene.

That’s when I heard what seemed like an electric guitar. I entered the house thinking that the radio was still on but I was wrong. I was starting to get real scarred when I heard a voice.

“When your legs don't look like they used to before
And I can't sweep you off of your feet…”

It was my favourite song and it didn’t seem to come from anywhere in the house. I walked by a window that showed the front of the house and I looked but only quickly. However, I thought I saw something so I turned back and turns out I was right, I did saw something. But I literally couldn’t believe what I was seeing.

“Will your mouth still remember the taste of my love
Will your eyes still smile from your cheeks…”

Ed was standing there with his guitar, loop station and with giant speakers, singing to me “Thinking out loud”. I felt like I was dreaming. This couldn’t be possible. I slowly (due to the fact that I was in shock) made my way to the front door and I opened it. Ed smiled when he saw me and then continued.

“Darlin' I will be lovin' you
Till we're seventy
Baby my heart could still fall as hard
At twenty three…”

This is why Sara and Harry left today. They knew about this. Reminder: Thank them a lot later.

“I'm thinkin' bout how
People fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe just the touch of a hand
Me, I fall in love with you every single day
I just wanna tell you i am…”

That’s when I finally got it. He was singing the greatest love song ever to me. It’s his way of telling me he loves me. My way was walking up to him and blurting out everything I felt and this way his way. Once I realized that I started crying.

“So honey now
Take me into your lovin' arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud
Maybe we found love right where we are

When my hair's over grown and my memory fades
And the crowds don''t remember my name
When my hands don't play the strings the same way (mm)
I know you will still love me the same

Cause honey your soul
Could never grow old
It's evergreen
Baby your smile's forever in my mind and memory

I'm thinkin' bout how
People fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe it's all part of a plan
I'll just keep on making the same mistakes
Hoping that you'll understand

That baby now (ooh)
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud
Maybe we found love right where we are

Baby now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars (oh darlin')
Place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud…”

I cried thought the whole song. This felt like my fairy-tale ending. All I wanted was for the song to end so I could feel his arms around me again. When he got to the very last sentences he put his guitar down, walked up to me, put my hand on his shoulder and his hand on my back and in a whisper, while we were slow dancing, he sang to me.

“Maybe we found love right where we are
We found love right where we are
And we found love right where we are…”

I was expecting him to kiss me now but he didn’t. He simply looked into my eyes for a while and then started crying. A wave of shock hit one more time and I put my hands on his face and started to dry the tears but he just kept crying.

“Ed, what’s wrong?”

He took a deep breath and finally said:

“I just never thought I’d see your beautiful eyes like this again. These three weeks have been the worst of my life and I felt like I would never be happy again just because you weren’t next to me. I thought I’d lost you. Until you walked up to me on the street. I was in shock but by me I would’ve kissed you and told you I loved you right there. But I knew you deserved something special and also an apology. So this is both. It’s my apology and my way of saying I love you. I will love you until the day I die.”

Now I started crying more again.

“I’m sorry too. Really. And I love you too. More than I could ever imagine I would. I can’t breathe, can’t think and can’t really smile without you. So please don’t go anywhere.”

“Never.”

He kept looking at me.

“Are you going to kiss me or just look at me?”

He laughed. “Kiss you of course.”

And so he did. And I finally felt whole again.