Chapter 14 - You need me, I don't need you

Note: Every chapter's title is a song from Ed Sheeran. I recommend you listen to the song while reading the chapter.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I pushed Sara into the McDonald's again.

“He’s here.”

“What? Where?”

“Right in front.”

She looked and finally found him.

“This is so exciting.”

“It’s not exciting. I came here so I could move on and be “safe”.”

“Right but he is here.”

I paced back and forward.

“We could just go. He won’t see us.”

“Is that what you want to do?”

“Of course not. What I want to do is go over there and kiss him. But I can’t.”

“Why can’t you?”

“He walked out. He just walked out. And I don’t think he cares about me anymore.”

“How do you know that?”

“I don’t know but…He left.”

“Oh, that is bullshit. He did left but that is because he came back and the first thing he sees is you and Liam kissing! And yes, he left but you are forgetting the most important detail. He came back. And worse than that, when he left you didn’t chase after him. Sure you called him once but you didn’t chase him.”

It hit me. I hadn’t chased him. And I had no idea why.

“You are right. I didn’t there but I will now.” I left her there with her mouth open and just headed outside. But when as soon as I stepped out , I stepped in again.

“I don’t think I can do this.”

“Oh, for the love of God. Yes you can. And you will do it right now.” She just shoved me outside and I found myself crossing the street and stopping right in front of him.

“I should’ve chased you.” I could feel tears growing in my eyes but right now I couldn’t give in.

“Bia…”

I didn’t let him go on.

“I should’ve and I don’t really know why I didn’t. I was paralyzed by fear, I guess. But it doesn’t matter, I’m chasing you now.”

“You…”

“I love you. Like I’ve never loved anyone. Like I know I never will again. And maybe I am too late in telling you this but I just had to.” I just kissed him. But he didn’t kissed me back so I stopped.

“I didn’t know you were here. In L.A.”

“Sara and Harry invited me. They thought the sun would be good.”

“It does.” He looked at me from top to bottom. “It also makes you dress…Different. You look very…”

“Hi you’re Bia, right?” It was Taylor. She was here too. I felt the tears coming back but this I made sure that not even the tiniest bit of red could be noticeable in my eyes.

“I am. It’s very nice to meet you.”

“Nice to meet you too, I’ve heard a lot about you.”

“All good things.” Ed said.

I couldn’t take it anymore.

“I’ve left Sara alone, I’ve got to go. Goodbye.”

I didn’t hear their goodbyes. I couldn’t. I just walked to Sara and smiled.

“Let’s go home.”

She just nodded. I could see red in her eyes too. This is not how our girl’s day was supposed to go.