Chapter 10 - U.n.i

Note: Every chapter's title is a song from Ed Sheeran. I recommend you listen to the song while reading the chapter.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up with THE worst hangover ever. I also woke up with a face full of makeup due to the fact that I cried all night. Why does this always happen to me? The minute I am happy, everything falls apart. I couldn’t move. I couldn’t do anything and so I just lay on the ground for hours. Until it was two in the afternoon and Liam came in. I buzzed him in and returned to the floor.

“What are you doing?”

“Nothing. Absolutely nothing.”

“Why does it smell like alcohol in here?”

“How do you think I managed to sleep?”

“Have you showered? Have you even eaten yet?”

“No. And no. I don’t feel like doing anything.”

“Bia, you need to do something. And eat something.” He picked me up and took me to the bathroom. “Now, please take a shower while I cooked you a decent meal.”

“But…”

“I’m not giving you an option. Now take a bath.”

Well, I didn’t have the strength to fight him so I just took the bath. When I got out, the house smelled good. I had to admit that I was hungry.

“I made breaded chicken with boiled potatoes. I know you like that.”

“Thank you, Liam. Just thank you.”

He smiled his perfect and reassuring smile. “Don’t thank me. I made some for myself too.”

“So you’re stealing my food now? I should’ve known better than let you cook.”

“I see that you have your sense of human back.”

“Just barely. This food is delicious. You have to come cook for me more often.”

“If it cheers you up, I will do that.”

We eat and then we watched a movie.

“Ok, so it’s late and you have got to rest so I’ll go.”

“Ok.”

“I’m serious. Get some rest.”

“I will.”

“Ok. Then I’ll go. See you tomorrow.”

“See you tomorrow.”

“See you.”

Liam started walking to the door and he was just about to close it when suddenly he opened it again.

“I’m sorry, I know it’s not a good time to say this but… I have to.”

“Liam…” I was afraid of what was coming next.

“I’m in love with you.” WHAT?? I did not see that coming. “I am. I love you and I’ve wanted to tell you for a long time.”

“Liam, you’re my best friend. Just my best friend. I’m sorry.”

“I know. You don’t have to apologize. Just let me…” He came near me and just kissed me. I don’t even know why I let him but I did. Perhaps it was because I did not have the strength to stop him. That is when I saw Ed just standing by the door. I pushed Liam and I looked at him.

“Ed…”

“And you told me that you were just best friends…” And he turned and walked away.