NightInk ~ Request

Requested by Marmalee

Ink sighed as he stepped through his portal. A recent fight broke out between him and Error again, the glitch running around and causing havoc in a random Au. It got tiring after awhile, the artist needing a small break from the chaos.

Looking around he found himself in an unfamiliar place. Although it seemed familiar in some aspects, there were parts he couldn't quite place. He probably saw this place when a creator was making it, shrugging it off and deciding to take a look around.

He found himself in a forest, not too far from the treeline since he could see a field just beyond some bushes. Walking towards the field he smiled, excited to see what kind of place this would turn out to be.

Stepping out he gawked at the massive tree that rested on the hill, beautiful apples resting on the leave covered branches. Although they looked like small blobs to him, he could tell they were lovely shades of gold.

Grinning he checked around before stepping fully out of the treeline. He was always careful to not mess with an Au's timeline, allowing it to develop on it's own. Although he does intervene at times, especially when someone needs some company or help. They normally forget, thinking he was a figment of their imagination or something.

He strolled across the relatively short field, making his way up the hill. He continued to gaze at the tree, his eyelights quickly catching something interesting. Black colored apples inhabited one half of the tree, opposite of the half inhabited by golden apples.

He tilted his skull at this, fascinated by the tinted apples. Reaching the tree he grabbed one of the black ones, looking at it curiously. He then grabbed a golden one, looking at it as well. Although the golden one seemed more welcoming, the black one seemed to shine in the sun, radiating off a small teal tint off it.

Ink thought it would be a neat drawing, quickly placing the apples down to grab his supplies. Before he could do so, he heard soft crying from the other side of the tree. He panicked lightly at the fact someone was nearby, but calmed down enough to take a peak at who it was.

Creeping close to the edge of the tree, he slowly looked past it, spotting a small skeleton resting in between two tree roots. His hands covered his face as he cried, the grass brushing up gently against his purple tunic. Ink looked curiously at the golden crown resting on the skeletons head, moving to take a step back.

Lady luck was not on his side though, as he miscalculated and stepped on a root, slipping and falling on his back. Groaning lightly he sat up, opening his sockets slowly. They shot open when he saw the small skeleton staring at him, his sockets wide as tears trailed down his cheeks. The skeleton yelped once he saw him, cowering behind the tree.

"I-I'm sorry, I d-didn't mean to stare! Don't hurt-hurt me!" Ink frowned at his choice of words, slowly getting up and rubbing his spine. The tunic wearing skeleton noticed, shrieking and ducking behind the tree. Tilting his head Ink carefully stepped around the tree, watching the other skeleton tremble in between the roots.

"I won't hurt you. I'm Ink, what's your name?" The artist smiled down at the other, crouching in front of him. The purple skeleton carefully peeked past his arms, his eyelights slowly returning to normal from a shrunken state.

"N-Nightmare." A small blush formed on Ink's cheekbones as he laughed, sitting down properly on the grass. Nightmare starred at him curiously.

"That's a mean name for a someone as cute as you." The smallers skull burst into blush, a squeak escaping him as he burried his skull into his hands. Ink laughed more at his reaction, patting the top of his skull.