Bad Guys x Cross Request

Requested by Anto_0w0 I'm so sorey this is late ;-; I could never get inspired to do it and it's such a crappy ending, I'm so sorry.

Cross sighed, stepping into the little bar. Not many people came by, which is what he enjoyed about the bar, especially considering the city was a dangerous place. He hated it but it was the only place he could get money to provide for his family.

Or what was left of his family.

His brother passed away awhile ago and now all he had left were the two little boys his father dumped on him. He clenched his fist at the thought of him, huffing lightly as he went into the backroom.

Entering a side room he placed his bag down, sighing as he plopped into a chair. He began to think of the money he'll get for singing here. Normally he got enough to last a few days until he comes back to sing again. Although the manager mentioned a surprise for him so maybe he'll get a little extra.

He continued to count everything he needed to pay for, ignoring the person that had entered the room. Grabbing a piece of paper he wrote a list of things he needed after this paycheck.

"Rent, food, some medicine for Frisk..." As he continued to mutter different things the figure behind him grew closer. It finally placed a hand on the skeleton's shoulder, a scream erupting from the monochrome.

Whipping around he sighed in relief, quickly glaring at the grinning figure. Sitting back down Cross looked at the manager of the bar.

"Not really funny, Kodo." The human boy shrugged, snickering to himself. He brushed back his hair with his hand, his bangs falling back over his eyes.

"Pretty entertaining to me. Anyways, about tonight.." The boys face went serious, Cross growing worried. He didn't know what was happening since Kodo didn't explain anything before hand. It was worse since the laid-back boy was serious for once, sending tingles up his spine.

"Words been around that a big mafia group is coming to town." A shiver was sent through the skeletons bones, bad memories of different mafia gangs filling his head. Curse his father and his experiments.

"This group doesn't have an actual name so they're called the Big Bad. Rumor has it they tend to go to unpopulated bars." Cross's sockets widened, realizing why the human was concerned. This was an unpopular bar, mainly because it was hidden away. It was a secret gem, something the patrons who actually came didn't want to ruin.

Only people close and poor ever came, considering it looked like a run down place that serves soggy fries and run down beer. Although it was probably the best place around town, practically beating top bars from far away places.

"So I've decided that since there is a high chance of them coming, I'll pay you twice as much tonight." Cross gasped, standing up. He didn't understand why. Prices were high and his normal pay was about a hundred - two hundred bucks. Not much but he came to sing frequently.

"What do you mean?! It's just one group, besides, there's a chance they won't come!" Kodo smiled, patting the skeleton on the shoulder.

"With the maf comin' there are bound to be more roughians. It's for the trouble Cross." The monochrome stared at him, guilt clawing at his soul. He didn't want to do this to him, Kodo was already having trouble keeping the financial parts of the business stable.

"Along with the doubling you'll get the tips made at the bar." Cross quickly shook his head, not wanting to take more. A double of his normal check was enough, he didn't need to take more.