Crossmare

Requested by Maki_Roll666

Cross snapped his sockets open, looking around quickly. It was a familiar place, somewhere he couldn't quite identify. He was laying in a bed, the sheets a dull lavender. He tilted his head at the color choice, stepping out of bed and touching the cold floor.

He shivered, pushing past the cold and walking over to the door. Opening slowly he flinched at the loud creak, obviously alerting whoever was in the house with him. Holding his breath he stepped out, looking both ways of the hall before going left.

He tiptoed down the hall, listening to the soft shuffles down the hall. It probably wasn't the best idea to go towards it, and honestly he didn't know why he was. His body just pushed him do so, as if an invisible force wanted him to see what it was.

He saw an archway, a small light coming from the room. He assumed it was the living room, gasping as he turned the corner to enter.

Blood covered the room. Skeletal bodies lying everywhere. One was mangled across the back of the couch, two more slumped beside the window, one hanging upside down from the ceiling, and the last one laying in the middle of the room.

His felt his soul beat faster as he stepped forward, tears reaching his sockets once he realized it was his gang. The people he called family.

Horror was the one on the couch, his bones twisted and broken to a point if it weren't for the already massive hole in his head, he'd be unidentifiable.

Killer and Dust were resting against the wall, bones jutting out of their chest. Blood spilled from their mouths, Killer's tears seeming to continue to run. Their favored weapons were still in hand, showing they had fought to their death.

Error was held up by his own strings, the blue cord embedding themselves into the roof. His chest was exposed, cracks and scars littering the red bones. He looked broken, his hands held above his head and holding him in an uncomfortable position. A few bones jutted out of his chest.

The last one broke his soul, the small skeleton rushing over to the body. Nightmare was laying in the middle of the room, a glass coffee table under his body. A few glass shard were embedded into his bones, multiple bones pinning his tentacles and arms down to the ground. A look of pain filled his skull.

Cross's tears fell faster as he screamed, hugging the goopster's body as close as possible without truly disturbing it. Why his family? Why the people he loved the most? Why Nightmare, the one person he trusted as a lover?

Sobs wracked his body as footsteps echoed through the house, another skeleton entering the living room. Looking up the monochrome shook his head, crawling away from Nightmare's body.

There, in the archway, stood him. A sadistic grin resting on his skull as he stared at himself. A bloody knife was in his hand, a bloody bone in the other. He began to panic when this duplicate started to approach him.

Did he do this?

His hand slipped on blood and he fell on his back, a yelp escaping him when the other him stepped on his chest. With a grin the other Cross raised the knife, whispering a haunting phrase before plunging the knife into his skull.

"It's your fault."

-

Cross shot up in bed, panting heavily and tears streamed down his skull. He clutched the blankets below him, choking back a sob as he looked around. He was in Nightmare's room, the smaller looking around for the octopus skeleton.

He was nowhere to be found, Cross crying as he curled up. He tried to keep his voice down for some reason, his mind believing he had killed everyone he loved. He hated that phrase, something Chara would whisper to him all the time.

It scared him. He didn't enjoy killing, even if he was apart of the royal guard. He didn't want to be killed because he wanted to be with his loved ones. His head shot up when the door opened, Nightmare stepping through.

The negative skeleton, instantly became concerned once he saw the other awake, walking over to him and sitting down. Before he could ask what happened, Cross broke down, crying out louder and tackling the other to the bed.

He clutched the taller's clothing with trembling hands, burying his head into his shoulder. A frown formed on Nightmare's skull, his hands reaching up and rubbing the others back.

"Crossy? What's wrong?" His voice soothing, sending shivers down Cross's body. He tried to answer, his cries getting in the way of his words. Nightmare sighed and held the other closer.

He began to hum a small tune, it being a random tune he used for Dream. Rocking the smaller gently he continued to rub his back, listening to the others cries get softer. The taller pulled back slightly, his hand rubbing the smaller's cheek gently.

"Can you tell me what's wrong?" A small whimper escaped Cross, the monochrome shaking his skull as he pressed against the others chest. Nightmare sighed, holding him close as he fell back onto the bed. He felt the smaller squirm slightly, quickly stopping as he found a comfortable position.

Raising the blankets over them Nightmare held onto Cross tightly. He knew all he could do was let his lover sleep with no nightmares, guilt clawing at his mind for not being able to do anything else.

No matter how strong he was he could never help Cross after his nightmares. The oreo never explained them, never spoke about them. He couldn't even get into them to see what they were. His grip tightened on the smaller, his eye widening when the other spoke.

"I killed you." Cross was trembling in his grip as he spoke those words, his hands holding onto his jacket tightly.

"You all were dead, a-and another me came in with b-blood covering him. T-Then he killed me." Nightmare frowned, wishing he noticed this Nightmare before his lover had it.

"Shh, I know you love me and wouldn't do anything like that. I love you and I hate feeding off you negativity like this, love." A small smile formed on Cross's skull as he kissed the goopster, Nightmare pressing back.

"I love you too, Nighty." The two cuddled, the tallers tentacles wrapping around the smaller in a protective manner. Cross never had that dream again, Nightmare determined to make his oreo happy for life.