Kross

This is sadder than I expected it to be-

Requested by Undertale_Trash_Here

On your sixteenth birthday, a number will form on your wrist. In a beautiful font it provides you with how long you have left to live. Five years, twenty years, a hundred, it all varied from person to person.

And Cross hated that.

He messed with his fingers as he waited for the clock to hit midnight, his sixteenth birthday being the next day. All his friends already had their numbers, each living well over fifty years. It was his turn soon, his fears and anxiety catching up to him.

He paced the room he was in, obviously ignoring the skeleton sitting on the couch.

"Crossy, snowflake, calm down a little, please?" The monochrome stiffened at the others voice, turning to look at him. Tears formed in the corners of his sockets as he sighed, rubbing the sides of his skull as he looked back at the clock.

11:59.

He panicked when it suddenly hit midnight, quickly looking at his wrist. As if it did it while he wasn't looking, it had already imprinted itself on his wrist, his face seeming to grow paler than should be possible.

Five days.

He only had five days.

"What is it Cross?" Killer stood up, going to grab his wrist. Cross quickly smiled, laughing a little as he pulled his arm out of reach.

"Nothing, it just didn't show up for a minute." They stared at eachother for a moment before Killer sighed, smiling softly. He kissed the smaller on the lips before turning around and heading for the door.

"Whatever you say, snowflake. I've got to go, see you at school tomorrow." Cross waved a goodbye, watching as his boyfriend left his house.

His pent up sadness quickly escaped him, his tears falling faster than they've ever had. All his fears flooded out of him, sobs echoing through the empty house. He couldn't believe it. All his friends got long lives, what did he do to get five days?!

That night he didn't bother getting up off the floor.

-

"Hey Crossy! I'm gonna hang out with the gang tonight, wanna come?" Killer grinned at his lover, watching the smaller shift slightly. A smile formed on Cross's skull as he nodded gently.

"Y-Yeah, that sounds nice." The taller whooped, clearly missing the stutter in the smaller's statement. He brushed it off as the others shy nature, Cross naturally having it at times.

-

Cross sighed as he looked at his wrist. Four more days to spend, and what would he do? Maybe Killer wants to do something. Picking up his phone he dialed the tallers number, pressing it against his 'ear.'

"Heya Crossy! Watcha need?" Cross stifled a giggle at the greeting, never getting used to the excitement in it.

"I was wondering if you wanted to come to my place?" He smiled once the other replied, happily wanting to come over. Hanging up he stared at his wrist, getting out of bed and going to his bathroom.

He quickly spotted the white paint, grabbing it along with a marker.

-

"Crossy, I'm bored." Three more days and Cross sighed. Killer stayed the night last night, the taller sitting on the floor in front of him. A sudden grin flashed onto the crying skeleton's face as he pounced onto the smaller, Cross letting out a small squeak.