twenty-eight ── where danger lurks

le skip nine months ...

minato

"I just have to take care of a few things, alright?"

She nodded at me as she stood next to Mikoto (who was carrying Sasuke might I add).

"Don't worry Minato, I'll be fine."

I gave her a look, but let go of her hands anyway. If I stay too close to her, then all of my efforts would be wasted.

no one's pov

Over the course of the nine months Minato was sure to always stay by y/n's side and would just let a shadow clone take care of the Hokage work. He saw it as a good way to always be next to y/n. Besides, it's not like anyone would have a problem with it anyway. It's paperwork after all.

Anyway, anytime that y/n wanted to go out, one would always see Minato right next to her. Sometimes glaring at anyone (specifically male) who still had the guts to even whisper about her.

I mean, Minato was still ALIVE after all. Like jeez, stay away from his wife. It's literally not that hard.

Point is, he only let her walk around the village with him because he was actually rallying up every male that would call at her, male crude remarks, or just want to take her away from him.

And after he would mark the ones he considered to be dangerous to their relationship, he would kill them that same night.

It was easy for him.

No one would ever expect the Hokage either.

He's the one who is protecting the village after all.

Anyway, somehow throughout all of this, he managed to keep his killing intent out of y/n's knowledge. He would manipulate her, and cause her to think that she needed him, and had to rely on only him.

She was wrapped around his finger.

All his.

And this, leads us to the present.

minato

I really dont want to leave her alone, but...it is Mikoto that she is with, so I guess I dont have to worry.

Now, to prepare.

She's supposed to give birth today...