Chapter 23

I headed to work the very next day. When I arrive, I quickly slip in my bag into the locker and wore the apron.

Then, like a routine, I went over and greeted the boys before grabbing a piece of doughnut. I poured myself a cup of tea before heading over to the counter where Steph was reading a newspaper and enjoying a cup of coffee.

We greeted each other warmly and started chatting about our days.

Right about then, the bell on Steph's phone would ring, and we would flip the sign over to signal the new day at the cafe.

All of this was a routine. Writing down the customers orders, giving them their doughnut, breads and cakes, refilling their coffee, and tea. Collecting their money, giving them their change. These were all routines. I was used to doing this.

At 3pm, we would have our break, we would either order some pizza or burgers or one of us would go to a restaurant to buy it for all of us. Most of the time, it was Steph. I would be cleaning up the cafe, Johnny would be baking some cakes or bread, and Anthony would be making some coffee or tea for us.

After lunch, we would clean up and then everyone would go to the back of the kitchen and wash all the bowls and plates. Soon after, we will chat for a while the cakes or bread would be in the oven. Once ready, at about 4, we would open the cafe again.

However, this time it was different.

At around 3.30 that day, we were washing up the cups and plates and chatting at the same time so it wouldn't be so boring, Jasmine came out of her office. Most of the time, she would not come to the cafe. But when she does, she stays in her office. She said she was calculating the money and handling everything. We were all right with that as long as we got our pay on time every month.

That day, she came up and ordered us to meet her at the counter after washing the dishes.

Once we were done, we quickly wash our hands and we headed over to the counter. We waited patiently for Jasmine to come out of her office.

All of us sat there quietly. The atmosphere around us was unquestionably nervous. We had never been called out to the counter like that before. Not even when we were receiving out pay. We always receive out pay after the day's work. But what's happening now? This question mush my have been running across everyone's mind.

We glanced at each other nervously when Jasmine stepped out of the office. She announced professionally," Well, we all know that all of us had worked hard through our ups and downs."

"However, according to the reports for this year," She paused," I have concluded that the profit had gone down." She finished.

We hadn't noticed that. Most of the time we would just collect the money and place them in the cashier. But then, the number of customers seems to be the same. I frowned at the thought of that.

"Well, our business remained the same but the price of the food have gone up, “She explained, after seeing the confused looks on our face.

"So what can we do?" Anthony asked in concern.

"Well, you can attract more customers to come here."

"But how?" Steph commented.

"Well, you could give put flyers or something." She said," anyway you guys can decide. Once you've decided tell me, I'll try to make it happen." With that she stalked back into her office. Jasmine didn't really care about us. But she does care about the cafe though.

We sat there discussing about how to attract more customers.

I quickly scribbled down some of the ideas that were ideal.

Anthony said that he was good at computer editing so we decided to choose a day where we will go to his house to make the poster and flyers and show them to Jasmine.

___

"Hello?" I answered the call.

"Hey!" It was Niall.

"Hi." I replied.

"Wanna come over?" He asked. It had been a routine to go to his house every Sunday since the cafe doesn't open on Sundays. But today we were going to Anthony's house.

"Can't. Sorry. I'm going to my friend's house." I apologized.

"Oh."

"Sorry, Nialler. I'll bring food next week, kay?" I persuaded him.

"You promise?"

"Yea. Yea. I gotta go now. Bye."

"Bye."

With that, I hung up.

***
A/N: Hi guysss... Well, how was the story? So far? Please comment. I really want to know how to improve it. Oh, and please voteeeee!!! I love you guys!