Chapter 17.

After calming down, I grabbed the newspaper and opened it. I slowly read the news as I scoured for a job, leaving no stone unturned.

After finding a suitable job, I changed my clothes and quickly grabbed a bag. After making sure all the scars are covered I made my way to the place.

However, the job had already been taken. With that, I continued looking for a job. Just then, my stomach growled in hunger.

That reminded me about my diet and I tried hard to ignore it. However, as I walked past a café. I couldn't help but smell the sweet sweet smell of the cakes.

God, that smells heavenly, I thought to myself.

I tried to walk away but found myself walking straight into the cafe.

What am I doing? I thought to myself as I queued in line. Just then I saw this sign that says 'jobs available'.

Soon it was my turn. I ask the girl behind the counter if there was the available jobs for me. She headed behind and appeared with the manager.

The manager bought me to get office. She smiled politely to me as she introduce herself as Jasmine. She was the manager of that branch.

I gave her my resume. She was surprise that I actually wanted to work here as I had my degree and that I could work some where better than here.

I just smiled.

"You look like a quiet girl. So you really think you can get this job?"

"I am really quiet. But I think I've grown out of that stage. I can interact with people now." I replied truthfully, trying to convince her that.

"Well, to be honest, this cafe isn't that popular. So it wouldn't be so crowded. But I hope you really have grown out of that stage."

Having said that she told me that I was hired.

I was elated. I cannot believe I had finally found a job. Just then, I remembered me dad. He wouldn't exactly want me to work there. He expects better from me and he hopes I will get a stable job and blah blah. Like all parents.

As I made my way home, I gave Ryan a call.

Telling him the goods news, he said he was proud of me that I had finally found a job.

As soon as I reach home, there was a ring. It was my phone. Looking at the caller id, I realised it was my dad.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Sarah."

"Hey, daddy."

"So, I heard you found a job."

"Yeah. Ryan told you, huh?"

"Mhm. What are you working as?"

"I'm working at a cafe." I replied nervously, I know that Dad didn't want me to work as that. I had gotten a masters degree after all.

"A cafe?!" He exclaimed.

"Daddy, let me explain." I interrupted quickly," I know I had gotten a masters degree and everything, but just let me try this. Please, it's a once in a lifetime opportunity, I can have more experience with different people. Plus, I couldn't find any other job..." I trailed off, not knowing what other reasons to give him.

There was silence on the line. That was then, I knew I had a chance. Dad is always quiet when he's thinking really hard.

Knowing him well, I kept quiet and allowed him to think. After a while, he said," Fine," I almost jumped with joy but he continued,"If you were being mistreated in the job or you found a more stable job, you will change your job, Okay?" He ordered me.

"Okay,"I replied. Just then, I thought about whether I should tell him about Benny or not. But we bade each other farewell before I could think it through thoroughly.

Soon after there was a ring, it was Niall.