Chapter 10

Maya's POV:

Mr Matthews yelled at me and Lucas. But it's not my fault that he's so annoying. He just makes me so angry.

History ends and I have English class next. Riley waits for me at the door. I was almost out of the room when I hear someone screaming "Maya! Wait!"

And who could it be? Of course. It's our Lucas Friar. Ugh can't this loser just leave me alone?

"What do you want Friar?" I ask annoyed.

"Please don't hang out with Louis later. He's bad news" he says.

"Uh huh I see. So you don't want me to hang out with him? Did you think that's gonna stop me? Lucas. I don't give a shit about your opinion" I say.

I push him out of my way and leave with Riley.

We came late for English because of the moral compass Lucas. Great. But whatever. Like I would care.

When school ended me and Riley went to the subway. She looked kinda sad. I don't really know.

"Riles are you okay?" I ask.

"I guess. I don't know" she says.

"What's wrong?"

"Maya I know you hate lucas. I do too but - -"

"Riley stop" I say a bit angry.

"What?" she says confused.

"We both know that you couldn't hate Lucas. You had a crush on him since 7th grade. And you just couldn't"

"Yea but after what he did to you. And I didn't talk to him for months. I was so pissed at him. I mostly spent time with Farkle and I think he kinda helped me to get over him" she says.

"Wow wow. So you and Farkle?" I say with a big smile.

"No. There's n-nothing" she blushes.

Yea right. 'nothing'. A lot of happened while I was gone. Riley really doesn't like lucas anymore. Well. Nobody saw that coming. Am I right?

I'm at home. My foster care parents didn't really care that I'm back they just said a simply 'oh you're back'

I got a text from louis.

Louis: Hey hart. Meet me at the park in 5?

Me: Sure.

I take my stuff and start walking to the park. It's not that far away from here where I live.

I see Louis sitting on a bench. He stands up when he sees me.

But wait. What is that in his hand?

Oh is he kidding me?