Chapter 22

Riley's POV:

"Wait a second. She really said that?" I say to Lucas.

"Yea, I don't know what to think anymore. Riley please tell me. Was she lying?" he asks me.

"Well obviously. Because she told me different stuff"

"Then why won't she be honest? She already knows how I feel or at least she knows that I like her because I asked her out once" he says.

"I think she says those things because she wants to believe them. Remember when I told you that she said that she doesn't deserve you? She wants you to believe that too" I say to him.

Lucas and I are walking to school right now. Maya didn't pick me up at 7 what was weird because she normally always does.

I met Lucas on the subway so we thought we would walk together and then he told me what happened with maya yesterday.

Maya needs to stop lying to herself.

We enter the school and the first person who gets my eye is a blonde girl wearing all black standing against her locker with a cigarette in her hand.

I ran towards her. Take that cigarette away from her and do it in the trash.

"Are you completely crazy now? Smoking at school?" I almost yell at her.

"Calm down. It was just one"

"Maya, you need to stop this!"

"Stop what? I'm just having a good time" she says smirking.

I don't know who this person is anymore. She started using her black eyeshadow again with her dark clothes.

A few days ago she wore at least a little bit of color and light brown eyeshadow.

"This isn't you!"

"This is completely me, Riley. Deal with it" she says walking away.

What is happening to my best friend?

If she wants to hide her feelings for lucas like that then she's insane.