Chapter 16

Maya's POV:

Me and Lucas kissed yesterday. What even? I never thought that this could happen. How am I supposed to act around him when I see him? I didn't even tell Riley yet.

I buzz at Rileys apartment "Hello?"

"Hey goofballs. It's maya" I say.

They let me in and I'm opening their door.

"Riles, are you ready?"

"Yea I'm coming. Bye mom and dad and auggie" she says while walking towards me.

"Bye matthews" I say smiling at them and closing the door.

We're walking to the subway right now. Okay, I have to tell Riley what happened between me and Huckleberry. Because if someone else tells her then..

"Riley. I have to tell you something" I say quite.

"Yea? What is it?"

"So.. After history yesterday.. Your dad wanted to talk with us. But you already know that.. And when we were done- -"

"Maya, what's your point?" Riley asked a bit annoyed. Probably because I'm trying to get out of this.

"My point is that.. Umm.. So."

"Maya!" She almost yelled.

Gosh I'm difficult.

"Me and Lucas kissed" I said that so fast that I don't even know if she heard it.

Her eyes widen "Repeat please"

"Me and Lucas might have kissed.." This time I said it slower.

She almost runs me over and hugs me. Umm. What is happening?

"Oh my god. So you two are okay again? Are you two dating? Huhhh??" She said that in a weird voice.

Oh my god. Can she please stop.

"No, of course not. We're not a couple!" I say.

"But- -" I interrupted her.

"Let's go now. We don't wanna be late for school" I took her hand and went into the train with her.

We were at school and walking to our lockers.

"What class do we have now?" I ask Riley because I had no clue.

"Umm.. Let me take a look. We have.. Art" Riley says.

Thank god. I don't have that class with Lucas. I don't really wanna see him. I don't know what to do.

We sat down on our chairs in art class when somebody knocked on the door.
Lucas came in.

Holy shit. What the hell is he doing here? I thought that.... Oh no! I was wrong. He always has art with us. What the hell is going on with me today?

"Sorry Mrs Glude for being late but Mr Green needed help with carying some boxes" Lucas says.

"It's okay then. Take a seat, Mr Friar" Mrs Glude says.

Please don't sit next to me. Please don't sit next to me. Please don't.

Lucas sees me and starts smiling. He sits next to me.

Why did he? Oh what am I saying. This seat next to me is the only seat left. God. I have real problems today.

Riley grins at me. Oh man.

"Stop it" I whisper to Riley.

"I can't help it. You two already look like a couple" she whispers back.

This is gonna be a loooong day.