Chapter 2

I was just starting to live. To live on how I dreamed of. I was just starting to taste a good life but everything fell down in an instant.

Fuck. This. Life.

I am awake but I cannot move a muscle of my body. I cant even open my eyes.

All I know and feel is I am being carried by someone.

I feel like my whole body is heavy enough to fall down at any time once the person carrying me stops supporting my body.

It was like a 30 minute travel from what I can observe.

I knew it will be like this. I knew it from the start that I hated myself for not being careful. For walking alone at night, for going outside alone, for being in the darkness without people around.

I felt like crying. I just realized how life wants me to suffer. Now I'll be dead.

No matter how I want to stay awake and to be brave, my body shivers and melts down like ice.

I am scared.

I don't want to die.

After I passed out, my vision starts to go back. I woke up on a dark room. I was laying down on a huge soft bed wearing nothing but a thin white nightgown that covers my body like skin.

I managed to sit up and look around the big room with no lights at all, just the moonlight outside a huge glass door before the terrace.

And then all of a sudden, chills run down my spine.

My heart starts to speed up upon hearing a voice not too far from me.

"I see that you are awake, moon child."

His voice had creep me out and have my throat dry out.

He was standing in front of the bed but I cant see him clearly.

I can just see his muscular figure and his glowing red eyes that shines more with the light of the moon.

Vampire.

My knees are shaking and I cant make any movement. It's like I've been stoned.

"Clearly, you are the moon child. I can smell your scent from miles before they even brought you here."

He walked slowly revealing himself under the light.

He was just standing there showing his muscular body with only pants on him.

"I cant imagine how my power will be more than anyone's once I drink you all tonight, moon child."

I cant seem to process what he was saying.

All I can hear is my heart pounding hardly and felt hot tears on my cheeks.

At a flash, I feel the wind in front of me and after a second he was already on top.

"Now, now, you don't have to shed your tears for me. You should be happy because you will serve your blood to the future king of the underworld." He laughed like crazy.

Words cant come out of my mouth.

Tears just keeps on falling.

"I, Calvin, will be the most powerful child of Verdon, and will be king, soon."

He looks into my eye blankly as his glows red from the very start.

He smiled like the devil.

I cant understand how I get into this mess. I am aware of them since my childhood. They keep on looking for me, following, creeping and hunting me. And the reason is, well I don't understand a bit. They always call me the moon child even if I am not. I am just no one. I just want to go back to how my life used to be. I don't want any of this.