Chapter 23

The sun was high and the outside of the castle seems peaceful for now upon looking through the glass window from his office.

Lucas was sitting on his chair and I stood beside the window to look outside.

We waited at his office, after eating together, for about an hour.

"Do you think she will be safer on the human world?" Ronan asked with his arms crossed.

Lucas nodded.

Caleb and Athena was sitting on the couch while the other commanding officers stayed standing at the side.

"Those who have drink from her cannot pass through until the moon sets, and with that being said, those creatures under Calvin's control will lose their connection with him." Athena looked at us giving details about the moon curse.

"I think you should get her out before the night of the full moon. It is safer outside and they wont be able to follow you out there." Caleb stated seriously.

They all paused and leave silence for a moment.

"Calvin might already thought of this. You know how greedy he is." Caleb spoke once more.

"So the only problem here is the way you travel to the human world. Calvin may have secured the roads and the passage for you not to get out." Ronan sit beside Caleb.

"Yes. So I was thinking that maybe we can try to get out two nights before the night of the full moon."

They all nodded after Lucas talked.

"That's a good idea. You can leave this castle and the palace on us." Caleb said smiling at me.

"Let's plan ahead your travel method." The general commander spoke.

They all talked and plan for our route of escape for tomorrow night. They all agreed that we must go few nights before instead of just two nights before the full moon because it will be more risky to move closer to the night of the moon.

They plan on making an announcement at the palace for a gathering to attract our enemies and have their attention solely on the event. In that way, Lucas and I can escape silently.

I felt like the burden on my chest is slowly being lifted up with the thought of getting away from this world.

After the meeting, everyone left and returned to their scheduled turn.

I felt so guilty that they are all worked up, on risk, and they all have to go through this because of me.

I just let the thought that there is only four days left before everything ends occupy my mind to make me feel a bit ease.

"Hey, why are you so sad?" Lucas reached for my hand and pull me close to his chair.

I am standing in front of him.

"I don't know. I just hate having everybody go through this because of me."

He brushed my hair away from my face and held my cheek with his hand.

"They all want to help you and they want peace." He smiled at me.

"Come here."

Pulling me closer, he rested his head on my chest and embrace my waist tight.

"Everything will be alright." He spoke softly.

I sighed and stroked his hair with my fingertips.

We stayed like that for a few more minutes until a heavy knock on the door was heard on his office.

"Young Lord, prince Calvin was outside!" A man shouted making my heart thump hard.