Chapter 39

Lucas.

He was overflowing with power.

His wounds started to heal and his eyes are of glowing anger.

Everything that touches his skin burns and turns into ashes that spread in the swirling wind around him.

"Finally! Showing off the power you got." Calvin laughed while watching Lucas.

"I knew you can't resist the blood of the moon child. I suppose you drank as much as you want, but it won't be a match to mine. Watch me!" Calvin looked at me and kicked Athena away.

He had me stand up infront of him and immediately punctured his fangs on my neck.

I screamed in pain as it felt like hell.

His fangs burrowed deep and my knees keep shaking.

Before I can even open my eyes, I felt my body was being carried by a strong wind and slowly landing me on someone's arms.

"You are safe now." I heard Lucas voice but I couldn't see him.

"Stay here first." He ordered as I feel him lay me to another person.

I tried to open my eyes but everything was on smoke.

One after the other, we watch the two exit the smoke while fighting with their powers.

It was so loud, and fast, and after that, all we can see was Calvin being thrown repeatedly.

His groans grew louder as he can't cope with Lucas strenght.

He was so sure of killing his brother.

"You will pay with your death for all the evil things you've done." Lucas was holding him in the air.

"Go on. Kill me, brother."

Calvin, even he was completely wounded and doesn't have the ability to fight, still manages to laugh.

"We don't have a brother as evil as you."

Lucas laid his palm on Calvin's head and electricity started to flow down on his body.

Calvin started to seizure and his scream was so tormenting that Ronan had to cover my ears.

A second later, he was on fire, and as soon as Lucas' eyes flashed red, Calvin's ash flew in the air.

I watch Lucas slowly go down looking at nothing with tears on his face.

He stood there for a minute until we heard clap around the palace.

That moment, he was brought into realization that Calvin lost the battle.

Our eyes met and in a second, he was carrying me.

"Im sorry. You got hurt so bad." He spoke with sadness in his eyes.

"Lucas." Was all I can say before darkness invaded my sight.

After a while of sleeping, I woke up on a very bright and sunny day.

The sun ray was passing through the glass window. And birds chirping are on the terrace playing with each other.

It felt so peaceful that I closed and opened my eyes to check if I was living in the reality.

And indeed, it was real.

Once I completely opened my eyes, it was the moment that I realized I am lying down on a different bed.

I slowly sit up and look around the room where I found picture frames of myself from teenage years up to the present.