Chapter 9

I sat alone at the dinning hall waiting for Lucas to come down. But few moments passed already and yet, no sign of him spread like thick air in the hall.

What should I do now?

My head is bursting from that thought about Beatrix being left alone with Lucas at his office.

My heart is pounding too much that it feels like it wants to jump out of my chest.

It hurts thinking about him with a girl that I know likes him a lot, not adding up the way she dresses.

I feel so conscious and irritated at the same time as I walked back and forth at the side of the long table.

Shall I go up stairs?

Without even thinking, I found myself walking outside the hall and going over the stairs.

With my heart still thumping, my foot stops in the middle of the stair as I heard Beatrix' voice.

I stand there quietly and closely to hear them talking.

"Lucas, maybe you should just bring her over."

Beatrix seems like begging.

I closed my eyes to keep myself from crying.

She wanted to bring me over and what if Lucas agrees?

"We already talked about this Beatrix, I think you should go."

I heard Lucas replied with a hard tone of voice.

"Don't tell me you liked her?"

Beatrix sounds hurt but I don't pay attention to her. I am waiting for Lucas to answer.

Instead of hearing answers from him, there is a minute of silence between them.

"I, I have been waiting for you the whole time and I was supposed to be your mate."

Mate, that word again.

Even though I do not know the meaning of that word, I seem to get the idea and it strikes my heart so bad.

"You know how it works Beatrix."

Still sounding hard, there is bit of sadness on his voice.

I can feel it.

Maybe I should really leave, and just die.

My existence seems to be a disturbance on this world and specially on his life.

"While waiting for you that long and our ceremony so that I can finally call you mine, she then appeared and I guess you found yours."

The sadness on her voice disappears and I am not sure why.

Not even bothering to think about it, I felt my foot moving upstairs.

Without anything in mind, I found myself standing from a far looking at them facing each other.

They don't seem to notice me as they looked serious at each other.

I looked at Lucas and saw his eyes tough but sad, while Beatrix doesn't show the same.

She is smiling like an innocent child giving something away that was once hers. But her eyes are not telling me that way.

"I guess, I just have to accept it and find someone."

She walks but not away from Lucas, instead towards him.

And then like a lightning, a bolt struck my heart as I saw her lips invade Lucas.