Chapter 12

The meeting was finished as Lucas dismissed the group.

Everybody left except of Beatrix whose standing beside Lucas who faces the window as he shows his back to me.

Lucas was just sitting there looking at the moon to rise.

I sit there patiently and quietly.

The room was filled with silence and Beatrix' thin smile is fixed on her face as she touch Lucas' hair.

Envy boiled up my blood from the sight.

It was like she wanted me to go mad.

I waited for Lucas to stop her thinking he might notice that I was still on the room with them.

After a minute, he spoke and my heart trembled with his cold voice.

"Erin, would you give us a moment?"

I opened my mouth trying to speak but Beatrix stopped me.

Her smile widens as she looked at me.

"Yes Erin, Lucas would like to have a moment, with me."

Her last words echoed on my ears like an alarm tone trying to wake me up.

I hold on tightly to my dress as I stand up and walks toward the door.

"You should eat now and rest, you will need it."

I turned around for the last time and waited for Lucas to show me his face but he didn't.

I felt a pinch of pain on my heart as I walked out the door.

Why are you doing this to me?

I can still remember how Beatrix touched his hair without him complaining.

Does he like it?

I thought I was his mate, but why did he let her do that?

I think he knows how I am feeling but why does he let me see it?

I feel so hurt that I run downstairs and instead of heading to the dinning hall to eat, I went to the garden to let out my tears that I have been stopping since the day light.

Entering the gazebo, my tears flows down like rain.

Why is he hurting me this much?

Is it really because of what happened last night? Or does his feeling changed already?

Anyway, we just stayed with each other for a week, I think. But it hurt so bad that my heart is beating a bit slow.

I covered my face with my palm and let out myself to cry.

"Don't cry my little one."

A voice stopped me from crying.

As soon as I uncover my face with my hands, I stood up immediately ready to leave.

"I just wanted to visit you."

The voice sends chills to my spine as my eyes search for the place it comes from.

Slowly walking backwards, I noticed a pair of shinning red eyes from the woods.

"Calvin?" I silently said as my eyes widen in fear.

"Don't worry, I wont come near you. I wont get you, not now."

He walked a foot to show himself under the light of the moon.

He was standing far away and beyond the green lawn.

"But soon, you will be with me again."

He smiled and disappear from my sight.

The hair on my arms rise up and triggered my instinct to run inside the castle.

I ran so fast without removing my sight from the place where I last saw him.

Please, I don't want to go back.

My tears fell once again.

I continue to run as fast as I could just to make sure that he wont get me but I stumbled upon hitting someone.

I almost fall to the ground but he catches me.

"What happened?" He asked concerned as he supported me on my waist.

I looked up to him and saw his storm gray eyes that was so cold earlier, now soft and full of concern.

Speechless, I wiped my tears away and turn my eyes away from him.

"Nothing. I think I need to rest now."

I spoke hiding the fear and hurt in my voice.

As much as I wanted to tell him what happened and hug him tight, the pain in my heart does not allow me.

Looking at him, I remembered how he treated me from morning till earlier.

"Erin, I --"

I did not let him finish his talk, scared that he might say something that will hurt me more.

I removed his hands on my waist and walked away from him.

I heard him saying something but it was not clear since I run away and went to close myself from him.

Closing the door behind me, I did not notice that I was on his office.

There was no one there now and all I can hear is my sob.

The room was dark and the moon outside the window is the lone light for the whole room.

I found myself lying down the couch as I looked outside and remembered what they have discussed earlier.

I can recall his face, his cold eyes, and his tough voice towards me and it hurt me again.

What a cry baby!

I feel so disappointed at myself for crying over a man who I just met and stayed not too long ago.

But it was not normal.

This is not normal.

I am no normal.

And I guess being someone they call the moon child makes you one of them.

And if I am really one of them, which I am still unsure of what my past is, then maybe there is no way for me to escape who I am.

Being one of them means feeling the same way they do.

This is crazy.

The thoughts juggled on my mind giving me a head ache.

There are no tears left to cry and what I can feel at this moment is just a thumping in my head.

"Not now, but soon."

A sudden pain struck my heart as I remembered Calvin's voice.

This pain only happens each time I hear him talking in my head and by the time he bit me.

I held my chest and hit it hard to ease the pain but it wont go away.

The pain gets stronger each of the time it struck me.

I coiled myself to somehow feel okay and it do.

I breathe slowly and deeply as it go away.

I hope this goes away.

My eyes feel heavy making me fall into deep sleep.

After the wave of pain, I remembered nothing else except the feeling of something soft covering me and lifting me off of the couch.

I wish this is all a dream.