Chapter 19

We left the palace and head back immediately to the castle.

"Im sorry Lucas." I cried so hard that my head aches already.

Lucas was sitting on the bed while some servants headed inside the room to clean his wounds.

"It's okay, it's not you." He smiled at me and twitch in pain as the head of his people clean his deep wounds.

It look so painful that I can't stay looking at him.

"Young lord, you must drink for your wounds will not heal fast." The woman talked as she cleans the wound on his shoulder.

I look at him who was still calm even though it looks painful.

"No, I will not drink from anyone. Not anymore."

Lucas gave me another smile.

I suddenly remembered Margot who mentioned he was hurt in the afternoon before I saw him drinking from Beatrix.

I cried even more as I realized how childish and selfish I have been to think he wanted Beatrix over me.

He was drinking from her because he was hurt and he don't want to drink from me.

"But young lord, I am afraid that if you don't drink, your wound will not heal until the next 5 days."

I looked at his wound and the long deep slash that runs from his right chest crossing his abdomen.

The other was a deep cut on his shoulder to his biceps.

"I would be fine, you can go."

After the woman wrapped a white cloth around his wounds, they immediately leave and left us inside.

"Please, stop crying." He hold my hand and pulled me into a tight hug.

"Don't! You will hurt yourself." I cried as I tried to push him, avoiding his wounds.

Instead of letting me go, he pulled me tighter.

"I thought I am gonna loose you." His sincere voice whispered in my ears.

"Im sorry Lucas that you got hurt because of me."

He cupped my face with both of his hands.

"It's not your fault. I hurt your feelings and left you there." His eyes was so sad and guilty as he starred at me.

I shook my head as he wipe the tears away from my eyes.

"I should have hear you. But I let my pride get in the way."

"Shhhh. It's okay now. You are safe, that is all that matters to me."

He smiled once again before he kissed me.

This time, it doesn't end too fast.

It was soft, passionate, deep, and long.

He broke from the kiss and spoke.

His eyes are shinning pink now.

"From now on, I will always keep you beside me. I will never let another thing happen to you."

He seemed furious as he speak.

"They might attack us continuously from now until the next full moon so I need you to always stay with me. Okay?"

I nodded at him but stopped as I look at his chest and shoulder.

"But how about you? You will just continue to get hurt."

It pains me so much that my heart breaks.

"I will be fine. I will do everything to protect you."