Chapter 21

The day went to night as the world I am in continued to suck the best it could give to me.

Lucas and his brothers, together with their allies are all busy taking part of keeping the security tight on the castle and the palace too.

"Aren't you getting tired of this Lucas?" I asked as he sit beside me on the couch inside his room.

He just went in from his scheduled route in the castle.

"As long as you are safe." He gave me a soft smile before he kissed my forehead.

I looked at him full of guilt.

There are no more day and night that was peaceful.

Ever since the last travel that I had, Calvin's allies keep on attacking us.

"This will end soon. Don't think too much." He held my hair to the back of my ears.

I hugged him immediately as I feel the heaviness in my chest rose.

"I'm sorry Lucas."

"Erin, please." He hushed while stroking my back.

"They just keep on attacking you, hurting everyone, bringing chaos to the town, and I can't even help you."

He cupped my face with his two hands as he made me look straight into his eyes.

"Just being safe here with me is a very big help and assurance to everyone." He smiled once again.

"Just a few more nights Erin, everything will end soon."

He brought me back to his warm embrace.

I breathe deeply as I let the heavy feeling inside me out.

We stayed in each others embrace for a while.

"Young Lord, the rouges are attacking once again."

A loud shout outside the room bangs along with the thud on the door.

Lucas immediately stand up leaving me alone on the couch.

"Just stay here. I will be back."

Without even looking at me, he speed up out of the room to aid his soldiers.

I sighed as guilt strike once more.

Everything changed drastically starting the night after the ball on the palace.

The peace was gone by the moment they start to attack us.

From what I have heard, the creatures attacking us are under the spell of the blood moon. Under control of Calvin who got a sip of my blood before.

He seemed to get a lot of things upon drinking my blood.

He was able to play fire, move things with his mind, got lightning, and even control other creatures that are not pure. And by not being pure means that these creatures have evil thoughts or simply they are evil inside.

Im not quiet sure what other skill or power Calvin got but it made me think of how strange it was because Lucas also have my blood. But up until now, I haven't seen or heard something that changed within Lucas. It's just the fast and complete healing that he got before from the ball incident.

Maybe he need more.

I think to myself as I go around the room.

I miss him already.

My body laid down the bed as I gaze at the ceiling. The window was already closed and blocked to prevent anyone from getting inside except the door of the room, that made me look on the ceiling or anywhere but inside his bedroom only.