Chapter 26

The way back to his castle was a long one. But during the ride, we spend the hour in silence. Keeping glances at each other but no sound and voices to be heard.

I was bitting my lip the whole moment keeping my thoughts hidden to myself.

I don't want Lucas to think that I don't have trust in him because of the jealousness I am feeling. But it is getting harder as the scene of Beatrix giving him a kiss flashes on my mind. And since that moment, Lucas did not even give me something to ease this feeling.

I think I deserve an explanation.

It is natural to get jealous specially if there is someone you see as a competitor with your love one, your man. Though I am not that super narrow-minded person, I think I need to hear some explanation to avoid myself from thinking about stupid things.

Once we arrived, Lucas and I head straight to the bedroom, still with no words to say.

"You should rest now, we will be going out tomorrow night." He gave me a faint smile and headed to the bathroom.

I sighed and cleared my mind.

I wanted to talk to him but he seems a bit out of mood.

"Lucas. I just .."

I followed him to the bathroom where he have already changed his clothes.

The moment I entered, he immediately leaves the room heading to the bed not giving me a time to speak.

I sighed one last time and stare at him laying on the bed alone.

Splashing my face with water, I removed the make-up on my face and wore a silk robe to cover my body.

I wanted to talk to him but it feels like he doesn't want to.

"Lucas?" I softly asked upon climbing the bed and laying my chin on his chest.

Starring at his blank face, and closed eyes, my heart aches.

I know he is not sleeping, he just wanted to ignore me. And for what reason, I don't know.

Clearly I am not angry about what happened earlier, and right now I just want to hear him talk to me. No explanation needed.

I'm giving up. You may be tired.

I kissed him gently on the lips and turn my back to him.

I was hoping that maybe he will hug me from my back and spoke to me. But he didn't.

A second later, I felt hot tears rolling down the pillow.

I immediately grab a pillow to cover my face and silence the sob I had.

My heart aches so bad because I was ignored.

It's like being pulled apart just because of a simple misunderstanding.

There was a movement in the bed that made me assume that he was moving towards me. Expecting a hug from him, I realized that his weight from the other side was now gone as the door cracked open.

Turning around, my heart sunk and tears fell down a lot more, seeing him nowhere inside the room.

Did I do something to upset him?

I let myself cry as the pain on my chest rose.

Closing my eyes, I fell asleep.

"Just make sure to keep your promise, Calvin."

A woman's voice echoed in the room.

Her face was blurry that I cannot see and recognize her.