Chapter 33

The ritual will be held tonight, and I am getting ready for my end.

Everyone is busy preparing the altar for my death. Busy taking turns for the preparation.

The night is crawling fast that I didn't realize that the moon is on its way up.

They say that as it reaches its peak, my power, together with this unborn child's gift will also be on its most powerful state. That once Calvin drink me dry, no one can ever stop him.

As much as I wanted to fight, there is no more will and energy left for me.

There is no reason to live and fight anymore.

"Aren't you afraid of death?" A young servant asked me with her evil cat smile on the face.

I did not reply and resisted from what she is doing to me. She is dressing me up in a long red gown for the ritual.

I am very afraid.

Honestly my mind is on the panic state but my body was so tired to react.

And judging from it, my child might die inside me if I fight more. Though I am ready to die, I believe this child needs to feel alive, I wanted this child to live and be happy unlike me.

I wonder how everything goes if we weren't here.

Maybe we are living happily now and Lucas was giving me all of his love and attention.

Maybe we could be a happy family.

I wish I am just dreaming.

I can still remember how everything started. I can still remember how I fell for Lucas.

He was the first man to help me when I needed help. When I was running, when I am almost dying. He was the answer to my prayer that night.

He held my hand and take me in his castle. Took care of me and respected me.

He was different from the others.

I hated vampires and other creatures of the night, but he was not like them. Instead of hating him, I started to love him.

I never liked my life and this world but ever since I stayed with him, I started to like living and being with him. I prayed to end up happy with him.

He was different from the others because he never treated me like a blood bag, he wasn't the type to hunt me for my blood and power.

He was always there to care, love and protect me even if it cost him pain, burden, and even his own life.

He doesn't look to other woman except for me.

He made me feel like I am the only woman on his world. He made feel like I am the most beautiful of them all. He makes me feel like I am his only queen.

He loves me more than anyone else.

And for the first time in my life, I finally felt home. With him.

He was my home, he was my safe haven, he was my life, and he was my everything.

I love everything about him.

I love how he looks at me. How he talk dirty and sweet to me. I love the way he cares and protect me. I love how he makes me feel loved and safe all of the time. How he effortlessly provide happiness and light to my dark life.

I love his storm gray eyes that made me fall into it a million times and how it turns pink the moment he wanted me. I love his smile, his laugh, his strong arms that embraces me. His tough body that protects me. His voice and touch. I love him endlessly.

And I swear to love him and trust him no matter what happens by the time he speak the words I love you to me.

And all of that will never change.

He will always be the only man in my heart.

He will always be the only love of my life.

Lucas, I love you.

"You never disappoint me, moon child!" Calvin exclaimed as he walk all over the place.

We are on an open field at the forest where the ritual will happen.

Two men tied me up on a stake in the middle of the field.

My bare foot rested on the cold ground but I can barely recognize the soft grasses before it. My hands are at my back tied tightly making me unable to move.

"Soon, the full moon will rise and everyone will worship me." Calvin laughed as everyone gather around to witness the ritual.

I looked at the field where everyone is watching and there I saw them.

Ashton, Denver, their people and followers. Greedy creatures and evil ones. Beatrix, and standing beside her was Lucas.

My eyes met his as I gaze towards them.

His eyes are still cold and tough like there was no inch of care and love left for me.

I love you Lucas.

I wish my words can reach him and stay in his heart.

But it will not.

"Hail your king, hail as you worship me!" Calvin commanded and everyone responded.

There are a lot of creatures on the field that seems like they are about a hundred.

"Now, just a few more minutes and I will have all the power to me." He look at me and gave me an evil smile.

"You will never, ever, be a true king. Coward!" I spit at him and received a hard slap on the face.

I tasted my blood from my broken lips.

"You rat, will die in my arms tonight. Just wait." Angry, he left the stage where I was.

Tears flowed down my face again as I felt that it is almost my end.

I just hope that after this Lucas will be safe.

I hope he forgets me completely.

I hope he lives well.

I hope that he will not remember any painful memory of me.

I hope that he smiles always.

Lucas, I wish for you to be happy.