Chapter Twenty-Eight: Truth Part I

Truth
Part I

A young woman adjusted her posture as she sat in a room full of vampires, demons and werewolves. She was a delicate creature. A vampire, but a sweet one. She only looked like for the good in others and followed the right path. Unwanted things have been going around and some people were losing their lives, as a result, a meeting was being held for a solution.

The female pushed her long raven black hair to the side and her silver eyes gazed at the man who stood at the front of the table, as he listened to everyone's opinions. His name was Pixis. The King of Werewolves.

"I believe the best solution we have at the moment is to kill off the infected."

Nile stated, as usual he always went for the most violent and easy way of dealing with things.

   Pixis nodded in thought and a smirk appeared on his face as Kuchel raised her hand, displaying a serious look on her face.

When she received permission to speak, the vampire stood up and gazed at everyone in the room, her eyes landing on Nile's face.

  "You say to kill off the infected but who's to say that won't stop the spread?"

Whispers were exchanged between members of the court and Nile felt a line of sweat form at his forehead.

"Well it could pre-"

"It won't prevent anything. According to all the information we've gathered, the infected don't show symptoms until a few weeks later. We won't know who's been infected and who hasn't. If you wanted to kill off all of those who are infected, you minus well be killing us all."

Kuchel stated assuringly, giving no time for the Demon to backup his statement.

      Pixis stood at the front of the room nodding and smiling, he believed Kuchel was a woman of logic and followed her heart no matter what. Which is why...

"Miss Kuchel, if you don't mind me asking, What do you think is the best solution to this pandemic?"

The vampire glanced at Pixis and smiled,

"What I think is we should put our focus on a cure as well as place strict orders in motion to prevent further spread."

All it took was one raise of Pixis's hand and the order for their next move was put into motion.

•.•.•.•.•

    "Mama!"

Kuchel smiled kindly at the little vampire that ran over to her. He was her only child. In her eyes he was the best gift she's received.

"Levi. Hi Honey. How was your training today?"

The young boy smiled happily as he opened his mouth and pointed to his teeth, "I learned how to extend my fangs!"

The female vampire smiled widely, revealing fangs of her own. She kneeled down in front her son and patted him on the head.