10

The next morning, everyone aboard the Dying Gull slowly began to wake. The sun was shinning bright as it rose from the horizon. It's warm colors began to gently kiss each person, causing them to stir.

Evelyn and Will were curled up together against the corner of the front of the ship. She snuggled into his chest, her head in the crook of his neck. Will rest his head on top of Evelyn's temple, loosely holding her body against his.

The sun rays caused the lighting around them to brighten, slowly waking them. Evelyn felt herself wake but didn't open her eyes. She took in awakening breath, her chest rising and falling.

Will woke too, stirring slightly. He lifted his head, glancing at Evelyn in his arms. Pressing his lips against her head, he tightened his grip around her.

Evelyn hummed, smiling sleepily. She slowly lifted her head to look at her husband. "Good morning." She murmured, eyes still partially closed.

Will's eyes opened fully, showing off his beautiful dark eyes. "Good morning, my love." He leaned in, connecting his lips with Evelyn's for a soft kiss.

Footsteps startled the couple, fully wakening them as the pulled a part. Turning their heads, a sheepish Henry stood before them, a small smile on his lips. "Good morning." He said softly.

"Good morning, my eldest love." Evelyn smiled at her son. She pulled from Will, trying to stand up. Instantly, Henry was at her side, taking her hands to help her up. "Thank you." She smiled even wider. Squeezing his hands, she continued to speak. "It's been too long since I've been able to say those words to you."

Letting go of her hands, he wrapped an arm around her shoulders. "Oh mother." Henry softly chuckled, leaning down to press a kiss to her forehead.

Will stood up behind Evelyn, smiling at his wife and son.

"Good morning, father." Henry looked up from Evelyn to Will.

"Good morning, son." He took a few steps forward to pat Henry's shoulder.

'My boys.' Evelyn thought, smiling between her son and husband.

"Where's Carina?" Will questioned, looking over Henry's shoulder.

Henry's cheeks flushed. "Oh she's over there." He pointed to the railing. Along the deck to the side, Carina stood, staring down at her diary. "She's started working on the map. I don't exactly know how she's doing it but she's doing it."

Evelyn grinned, looking from Carina to Henry. "I'm going to say hello." She said, glancing between Will and Henry, before walking from the front of the small ship, down to the deck.

Carina didn't notice Evelyn's presence, focusing on her work.

"Good morning." Evelyn said softly, careful to not scare Carina.

The brunette looked up from her diary, looking to the side with slight startle in her light eyes. Noticing it was Evelyn, the young girl smiled brightly. "Good morning, Mrs. Turner." She closed the diary, focusing her attention on the woman.

"Oh please, call me Evelyn." Evelyn protested warmly. "I just wanted to come say hello and see how you are doing." She stooped just before Carina, noticing the girl being much taller than her.

A soft and appreciative look washed over Carina's eyes. "Oh, thank you. I'm doing quite well. I'm going to begin working on drawing the map so we're able to begin searching for the trident." She simply explained.

Evelyn adored Carina already. Deep down, she wanted to take Carina in as one of her own, be a mother to the motherless girl. It broke Evelyn's heart hearing about the girl's lonely life.