28

The ocean waves crashed on to the sandy beach as the wind danced across the sky. It was a soothing sound to most who's hear caught it sounds. Even more so to anyone who stood along it's edges, gazing into the sunset.

However, it seemed Will was the only person who couldn't seem to enjoy the peaceful sight. He stood in the middle of the beach, gazing out into the ocean.

Evelyn stood behind with her children, sadly watching her anxious husband wait.

Wait for his father to return.

She kept Amelia under her arm, holding her shoulders. It allowed her to be able to settle her nerves only a bit. She too was anxious to see a free Bootstrap Bill Turner, for it had been years since she had last seen her father-in-law. The children were just...children when they last saw their grandfather. Amelia had only been so young, Evelyn wondered if her daughter would remember ever meeting him.

"Do you think papa is alright?" Amelia questioned softly, glancing up at Evelyn.

Before she could answer the question, Henry spoke up. "He'll be okay, just worried that's all." He said softly to his little sister.

Charlie at Evelyn's right crossed his arms over his chest, elbowing her shoulder gently. "Maybe you should go see how he's doing." He suggested quietly. "I haven't seem look this worried since the time you had gotten very sick. He added.

Evelyn agreed entirely. She hadn't seen like this since the time she had fallen very ill. It had been a few years ago, nearly cost Evelyn her life. Will had been a mess, worse than he was currently. It seemed the only time he had the chance to breathe was when she began to regain her health.

Now it seemed, he worried for the well-being of his father. He had no idea if his father was still even alive.

A free man Bootstrap Bill has become.

Evelyn just hoped that his freedom hadn't come too late.

Looking to her middle child, she gave him a small nod. "You're right." She replied softly, glancing at Henry and Amelia on her other side. All of their eyes met, giving each other faint smiles. Squeezing Amelia's shoulders, she slowly slipped away from her children. She walked quietly down to the middle of the sand where her husband stood, his back turned to her. An idea popped to her mind for her approach to him.

Reaching his back, she opened her arms and curled them around his waist. A slight jump was Will immediate response. Evelyn gave a small smile, resting her chin on his arm, looking up at him. Her smile grew as Will looked down at her, finally realizing who the person holding him was. He relaxed against her touch, placing his hands on her arms. She could feel Will relax from his worried state but only a small fraction.

She let out a sigh through her nose, turning her head to rest against his arm. "Remember the first time we cam down to the beach after we were properly married?" Evelyn started, gazing at the pink-orange sunset. "Well not this exact part of the beach but the beach in general." She added, a small giggle coming from her.

A short chuckle came from Will. "Yes the night when Henry was conceived." He recalled the fond memory, teasing.

A blush bit at her cheeks. "I don't think we should say that in front of the children. Especially Henry." She pointed out.

Will let out a laugh, making her heart soar. It wasn't a big laugh but it was a good one. It was the kind that would settle anyone's anxiety to a tolerable state.

Turning his shoulders, he lifted his arm to wrap around Evelyn, gently moving her around to his side. He held her close while she kept her arms around his waist.