13

Amelia's sweet voice rang Evelyn's burning ears. "Hi mama!" She waved, the grim smile resting on her sweet, young face. She was dressed like Evelyn, dressed in a way Evelyn use to dress many years ago. She wore Evelyn's old white blouse and corset belt a pirate friend once gave her. Black pants and black boots, yet two front strands of her curly hair pulled back. It was like Evelyn stood before her younger self.

Charlie's mop of curly dark hair upon his head moved a few more inches behind Leo. "Hi, ma—mother." He too was dressed like a certain someone. It was a combination of Leo and Will,: tan shirt and jacket like Leo but black pants and a sash wrapped around his waist like Will.

Evelyn couldn't believe what was before her eyes. She had hardly noticed the rest of Barbossa's crew circling around the skeleton, pointing their guns.

"Hector!" Jack called enthusiastically. "This is me bestest mate in the whole world." The pirate informed the crowd around him.

Barbossa broke out into a walk, limping on his wooden leg down the aisle towards Jack. "I always knew you'd settle down eventually." He spoke.

"Did you bring me a gift?" Jack asked and a mere two seconds later, Barbossa shot Pig Kelly. "That'll do." The pirate replied as chaos grew.

Evelyn looked away from Barbossa, walking up the aisle. Her eyes met her daughter. "Amelia Rose Turner." Her grew dangerously low.

Her eyes moved to Charlie. "Charles Leonardo Turner."

Then to a shrinking Leo. "Leonardo James Thompson."

The three of them took a hesitant step back. "What the hell are you doing here?" Her voice roared, eyes firmly resting on Leo.

Guilt grew in his eyes. "I know you're upset but let me explain." He held his hands up in defense.

"Yes, yes I am upset. I trusted you to watch and take care of my children." She stopped right before her friend.

"Leo?" Will's disbelief voice came from behind Evelyn.

"Hi!" Charlie and Amelia poked their heads from around Leo, giving their father a small wave.

Will's eyes grew wide as he looked to his children and back to Leo. "What the hell are you doing here?" He came up to Evelyn's side, sharing a look with his wife.

Leo let out a sigh, knowing he deserved what Evelyn had spoken. "Let me explain." Leo's voice was firmer this time, narrowing his eyes to Will then relaxing them. "We've come all this way, to help you and Will." Before Evelyn could speak, Leo continued talking. "Word got out. Your father heard from Mr. Finch about Jack and the ghosts."

"What?" Will blinked, not sure if he heard Leo right.

Evelyn shook her head, not expecting Leo to say that. "How did Mr. Finch hear about this?" She asked a lot softer this time.

"Pirate ships have been disappearing, pirates aboard them getting murdered, all except for one man." He explained, eyes flickering back and forth between Will and Evelyn

A sigh passed through Evelyn, the tension in her face slowly fading. "Dead men tell no tales." She spoke softly.

Leo nodded. "It's spread from pirate ships to regular ships as well. Mr. Finch is refusing to continue to work until all this goes down. Your father was told that the word of the captain's attacks were he was on the hunt for Jack. He wrote to me right away and informed me about this. I didn't know what else to do. I had to come help you." He explained.

Evelyn looked to Will, their faces both softening.

"Don't be mad, please. We were the ones who made Leo take us." Amelia said softly, coming out from behind Leo.