Chapter 37: Epilogue

"Here we are!" Michael shouted runing around to my side of our car to let me out. "This way!" He continued and started to walk in the direction he was taking us.

"What way? I cant see remember." I laughed because he forgot he had put a blindfold on me. Since it was six years ago today Michael asmed me to be his girlfriend we decided to do something. We were both 14 at the time and no one thought we would last a week no matter six years

"Sorry!" He called and came back for me. Taking my hand we walked together towards whatever my amazing boyfriend had planned. His comfertable hand in mine we skipped away somewhere that felt far from everyone else and every where, the ground was rocky and the air smelt of flowers.

"We are here." Michael anounced and stopped us both. I could feel and hear Michael move around me to remove the blind fold that was tied around my head. He slowly pulled it from over my eyes exited to hear what I though when I blinked a few tims to re-ajust to the light.
It was beautiful, it was the exact place we came when Michael asked me to be his girlfriend all those years ago when it was simple and easy. There were small cream candles all over the enclosed grassy patch with rose petals scattered everywhere. A tartan rug way laid out with a woven picnic basket. It was so cosy and romantic.

"Do you like it?" The nervousness showed in Michaels voice as he spoke.

"It's perfect." I grinned tears in my eyes at how lucky I am to have someone to go so much effort for me.

"Are you sure?" He asked again gripping my hand tighter.

"Even better than the first time, I couldn't have asked for anything any more perfect." His face was so bright it looked like he couldn't be happier, the adorable features stood out in the natural lighting of the Australian sun.

"There was another reason I did all this as well." He smiled nervously at me, his eyes were deep and longing. My heart was pounding in my chest scared of what was to come as I nodded. "You know how much I love you, this time last year I didn't think it was possible to love you anymore than I already did. But I was wrong because I fall in love with you every single day, it's like a never ending cycle of love and sweet kisses from the one I couldn't live without and I never want it to stop."
A few tears didn't even bother to gather in my eyes they just fell straight into my skin rolling away.
The things he did to me, every time he smiled my insides went to mush. He was everything j could have ever hoped for.

"Those months were everything was tough I thought I would lose you and I knew then I wouldn't be able to live without you. Nobody could ever replace you. Because you are my diamond in a sea of dirty stones." His hand moved around in his pocket as he spoke looking deep into my eyes. The little bit of shifting he was doing made my heart swell at the adorable aright in front of me. I couldn't even begin to put into words to tell him how much he meant to me.

"And that why I want this." His voice was hardly above a whisper. Quickly he dropped to one knee pulling out a ring before I could even fathom what was going on. "Alison, you are my rock and my person, my diamond. Will you make me the happiest person alive. Will you marry me?"

Without even thinking about it, I mean who would have to think about it, I fell to my knees in front of him as well wrapping my arms around his warm neck.

"Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!" I repeated. Time stopped. It was magical. A simple silver band was being placed on my finger. It fit perfectly as if it was always meant to be. Fireworks went of in the daylight sky above us but only in my imagination. Nothing could have made the moment more amazing and overwhelming. I could feel his smile radiating of him, catching it myself the biggest smile I've ever smiled.
His smile was beautiful, addictive. His eyes were brighter than I had ever seen them before. His face held the knowing that we had this long journey to the end with each other, through sickness and in health and everything else life would through at us. Together.