Chapter 14: Lunch

In the lunch room, there's a few students too. And most of them is you didn't know about. Or maybe you just couldn't talk to. Like Korekiyo or Gonta for example.

You sat down on a table across Shuichi, and started eating the lunch that the school have. "Wow, I didn't know that the school would have some menu for lunch time too!" You chuckled, as Shuichi just looked down to his food.

"Um... Shuichi? Is everything alright?" You asked, and it seems like it snapped Shuichi out of thinking. "A-Ah... it's just that... Lamika's sudden death..." Shuichi sighed as you just frowned. "It's alright, Shuichi... everything will be fine." You pat Shuichi's shoulder. But then, it was slapped out, and a familiar blondie took a seat next to the detective.

"Hey cutie! Why are you talking to this nerd? And you!" Kaede said as she pointed to your face. "Why are you touching him? He's the most cute person I've ever seen!" Kaede said, and wrapped her arms around Shuichi.

Oh wow, Kaede. "U-Um... yeah... but I don't think my friend right here will be comfortable with that..." You said nervously as you put another piece of food into your mouth.

"Eh? You don't think like what this weirdo thinks, riiiiight???" Kaede asked, as Shuichi just pushed down her arms gently. "You're... annoying me a bit... can you please... just go?" Shuichi asked as Kaede crossed her arms. "Wha? Why?? Don't you want a girl like me to be around?~" Kaede smirked as Shuichi just lowered his hat.

I do ship them before... but now... just... ugh... You think about it as you looked away from the weird scene that is happening in front of you. Somebody just please get a rope right now... "Hey, Kaede, I don't think that Shuichi wanted to hang around you anymore, and you're also annoys me, can you just leave?" I asked as Kaede glared at me. "Hmph! I'll only leave because I have other things to attend to, but if we meet again, then..." Kaede trailed off, and left the table.

"Ugh, she's just too annoying!" You groaned as you face tabled. "First of, Lamika's death... and I have to deal with her... Lucky student my ass..." You muttered, and continued to eat your food.

(Y/N) was touching me... but Kaede... why did you have to do that...? Why do I... have the urge to kill her now...? No! Stop it Shuichi... But is it... for (Y/N)...? She wouldn't get in your way, right?... Shuichi is debating with himself, again. And it makes you worried when he do so, because you thought he was thinking about Lamika or the Killing Game again.

"Hey Shuichi? Why wouldn't you eat?" You asked, while concerned for the boy. "A-Ah... I was just thinking about something... sorry..." Shuichi apologized as you just nodded. (Y/N) is worried about me...

You were eating, but a red uniform caught your eye, and you looked over to see Maki and Himiko. Maybe I could make up to her... somehow... "Maki! Himiko! Over here!" I waved at them, and needless to say, Himiko pulled Maki to us, and sat down.

Himiko sat next to me, and Maki sat next to Shuichi. "S-So... um... will you guys do anything today?" You asked nervously as Maki just shook her head. "Nyeh, well, I'm preparing to make another Magic Show!" Himiko smiled as you nod to the short girl.

"Ah! It's (Y/N)! Isn't it?" And... yeah, another familiar face was seem again. Korekiyo, and his sister... "Oh... erm, I didn't quite catch your name, miss." You said nervously as Korekiyo's sister nodded. "Ah! Of course! My name is Shisuta Shinguji! I'm the Super High School Level Anthropologist!" Shisuta said cheerfully as she kept holding Korekiyo's arm.

"Wait, so you two have the same talent?" You asked as Shisuta nodded. "Yup! Isn't it amazing? Well, Kiyo, I think you should continue to talk to your friend! You guys were getting along so well!" Shisuta smiled, and pushed Korekiyo forward.

"But sister... I don't have anything to tell her-" "Oh hush! You have! Just tell her everything you know!" Even though Korekiyo keep rejecting his opportunity to talk to other people, but his sister keep pushing him. Not because she's trying to be a wingwoman, but she just wanted Korekiyo to make friends.

Why is she always like that? Why is everyone trying to take away my (Y/N) from me? Shuichi accidentally snapped his fork (It wasn't metal, it was somewhat wood), and caught the girl's attention. "Is something wrong, Shuichi?" Maki asked as Shuichi just shook his head quickly. "I-I'm sorry..." Shuichi said, and lowered his hat, covered his whole face.

"U-Um... well, I think you both should go eat, I think I'll just... continue to eat..." You excused yourself as Shisuta nodded, and dragged Korekiyo away. "Phew, that was weird." (Y/N) chuckled and looked at Shuichi again. "Anyway, Shuichi! What was that?! Jeez, you scared me!" You said, half-joking and continued to eat.

"Maybe you're just too easy to be scared of something so small." Maki mocked, you wanted to fight back, but you're here to make up with her, not to cause more trouble, so you decided to just continue what you gotta do.

———•

After lunch, we decided to come back to our own dorm room, and relax there. "Hmm... I still have hours until my shift starts... I guess I'll just read books or something..." You muttered to yourself, and looked through the bookshelf.

"Hmm... I'll go borrow books from library, it doesn't seems like the books at school have any fun." You said as Shuichi nodded. "Do you want me to come with you?" "Aw, you don't need to be my bodyguard, Shuichi! I'll be back soon!" You smiled at the boy, and left the room.

But once you made it to the faculty building, a certain Pianist shoved you to a empty hallway, and looked at you with a deadly eyes.

"Wh-Wha-?" You blurted out as Kaede kicked her knees to your stomach. "Ouch!! What the fuck was that for?!!" You screamed, and held your stomach in pain. "I told you, if we ever crossed ways again, then I swear I'll beat you up." Kaede picked up you hair, and slammed your head to the walls.

"Argh!! St-Stop it!" You shouted, but of course, Kaede didn't care, and kicked, punched you, until you couldn't move. "Hah... that actually felt better, you know?" Kaede smirked, and picked your hair up again. "I understand why did Kaito like to beat up that kid so much now... anyway, remember that Shuichi is mine, not yours to touch, ok?" Kaede slammed your head the final time, and left the hallway.

"(Y/N)?" You heard a familiar voice... it belongs to... Shuichi! Thank Atua! "Sh-Shuichi..." You used your last strength to call out for his name. After hearing you, he rushed to the sound, and saw you lying there. "(Y-Y/N)!! Wh-What happened?!" Shuichi hurriedly rushed to you, then picked you up to hug you tightly.

"I-I shouldn't have ever leave you alone, (Y/N)! I'm sorry!" Shuichi cried as you just smiles. "It's alright, Shuichi..."

I left my (Y/N) alone and this happened... just wait until I found out who did this to MY darling... I'll rip them off until pieces... and then they'll hope that they've never been alive... I'll assure of that...

————————————————————————

Words: 1265

3/28/2020