Chapter 35: Nighttime

"Well... I should get going..." Maruchi smiles as you nods. "well, if you need anything, just come to me!" You said as Maruchi slightly nods. "Yeah, I will! Thanks for today, (N/N)." You look at Maruchi as the boy walks away. You looked at the sky, and think about this lunch time... "Oh, of course! I need to visit Macky!" You face palmed yourself and drink all of the leftover water from that can.

You rushed to the cooking club, and saw Macky, he was just cooking something. But you really love the smell of that. You remembered what you were here for and snapped out of that decent smell of food. "Hey Macky!" You smiled and walk to the boy.

"(Y-Y/N)?" Macky panicked and look at you. "Well, I just wanted to talk to you, since well, it's not your fault that the muffins got poisoned!" You encouraged the boy as he nods. "W-Well, thanks for telling me that... I was worried that you'd get angry..." Macky said as he rubs the back of his head.

"Of course I wouldn't be mad! Why would I?" You ensured as Macky smiles. "Anyway, what are you cooking?" You asked as the cook just turned back to his food, and smiled a bit. "Well, my sister really like this dish, so I wanted to try to cook it... do you want some too?" Macky asked as your eyes shine.

You've always love free food so why not? After Macky has done with making the food, you both used the table from the clubroom to eat, and you have to say, Macky's cook is a m a z i n g. You like it, though.

"So you're here..." You heard a familiar voice, and you just turn your head to face him. "Ah, Shuichi! Would you like some? Macky made this!" You smiled as Shuichi stares blankly at Macky. "Yeah... some wouldn't be that...bad..." Shuichi muttered as he walked to the table and took a seat next to you. "So... the detention isn't that bad, yes?" You asked nervously as Shuichi nods slightly. 

Why is she with Macky...? Why must she be with him? And... what about me? She didn't even want to see me...?

Shuichi talked with himself again, and of course, you noticed it. "Why don't you eat, Shuichi... It'd help you clear your mind." You said as Shuichi nodded. "I wasn't thinking about anything...!" Shuichi said with an obvious nervousness in his tone. "Well... let's just finish eating this..." You sighed and took another bite of the food.

"How was it, Shuichi?" Macky faced the boy as Shuichi just nods. "It's good." The detective said blankly as Macky nodded. "Well, I'm glad that you two liked it!" Mcky smiles, and then, you finally finished the food. "Phew... I'm so full..." (Y/N) said as she looked at Macky again. "Well, do you need me to wash the dishes? I mean, you've made the food, so I thought I could help with something!" You cheered as Macky shook his head slightly.

"It's alright, (Y/N), I can wash the dishes. I wanted to cook for you anyway!" Macky stated as (Y/N) nods. "Well, if you insists... Then see ya Macky!" (Y/N) waved goodbye at the cook, and begin to walk out with Shuichi. On your way back to the dorm, you chat with Shuichi for a bit. And it seems like he's enjoying talking to you, actually. 

But them while you were walking, you unexpectedly bump into someone. "Gah..." You rubbed your forehead and looked at the person. "Damn it, watch where you're fucking going!" The male scolded as you realize who he is. "Sorry... Kaito..." You mumbled as the boy's temper only gotten worse. "It's you again?!" Kaito shouted as he look at you in annoyance. 

"It's not like I wanted to see you anyway..." You huffed and crosses your arms. "What the hell did you just say?!" Kaito shouts, and was reaching to grab you, but Shuichi stood between you both. "Stop it!" Shuichi shouted as Kaito scoff. "And you, you better tell your girlfriend to not messes with this Kaito!" The astronaut said, and walked away from you both.

"Tch... What do you know..." You huffed and look at Shuichi. "Anyway, thank you, I could've gotten in a big trouble, haha!" You joked as Shuichi nods. "Yeah, I promised, didn't I? I'll keep you safe..." Shuichi smiled at you as you try to remember when did Shuichi said that. But the thing you could remember was he protect you from Kaede. But you decided to shrug it off, and proceed to walk back with Shuichi.

"Alright! I'll take a bath!" (Y/N) cheered and took out a clothe inside her closet, then proceed to walk to the bathroom. "Yeah..." Shuichi lift his hand up, and waited for you to completely got in the bathroom. "Well... I suppose I still need to kill after all..." Shuichi sighed and look at his hand. "Yeah... Killing is bad... but this is for (Y/N), Shuichi... it's all for my dear (Y/N)..." Shuichi let out a faint laugh, and just waits patiently for you to finish.

"That was nice..." You smiled while getting out of the bathroom, and saw Shuichi is just still sitting on his bed, seems like he didn't even move an inch... (Y/N) just shrugged it off and walked to her bedside. While that Shuichi got to the bathroom too, and took a bath. 

You waited for 10:00 pm to go to sleep, but while that, you just wanted to read some books. You really need to buy a phone, huh... You sighed as you remember how high the prize of the phone could be. "I wish that Team Danganronpa would give us back our old phones..." You groaned as Shuichi nods. "Yeah, I wish so too... I mean, it would be more convenient..." Said Shuichi.

The 10pm announcement finally went on, and you're finally went to sleep. But Shuichi is just watching you sleep, like any other day... You're sleeping peacefully, and Shuichi swear that he can just watch you stay in that form forever, since it was the time where you're quiet, and you wouldn't even know what is happening to you. 

I can finally be alone with (Y/N) again...

Though he really wanted to 'kiss' you again, but this time he has to resist, because it'd be such a bummer if you wake up in the progress, so the detective decides to leave you be.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Words: 1081

4/19/2020