Hax

There are darker themes in this including suicidal thoughts and self harm so read at your own discretion.
-Author

Pete lowered his hat and continued working his way through the busy New York streets. He knew that he was being followed but he couldn't do anything quite yet.

Peter may or may not have hacked SHIELD and there may or may not be agents trailing him. He hacked them about 3 hours ago and he realized he was being tailed about 15 minutes ago. He left almost no evidence of him behind but he knew, from what he saw, that SHIELD was pretty good. I mean, that is why Pete hacked them. He wanted to know more about himself and what was wrong with him. Only to again be disappointed by their lack of information.

Pete took a left around where a tall stand was and slid behind the stand. The agents sped up and took a left, following the sidewalk Pete had abandoned. He let out a small breath before sliding out. Peter smiled at the vendor.

"How much for that hat?" He asked. It was only $15, very cheap for this area. Pete took out $20 and put it on the counter. "Thank you, keep the change!" Pete then took off, handing his old hat to a homeless man. He tightened the strings and patted his bucket hat. New look, new him.

The feeling of slight comfort didn't last long as he heard metal whirring. Pete, in confusion, looked up just in time to see a gun pointed at him and his world go black.

There was slight murmuring and Peter's eyes forced themselves open. He looked around, 3 pairs of eyes on him. He looked at his hands and glowing handcuffs held them down. Carefully, he tested if his powers worked by pressing his fingers to the table. No stick. He didn't struggle.

"Hi, Peter," A smiling man nods at him. "It's a pleasure to finally meet the man who hacked into our system. Daisy was pretty impressed." Pete looked away.

"He doesn't look like he wants to talk," The other man said. Pete recognized him after a few seconds; it was Captain America. His eyebrows furrowed and he quickly looked to the other man that had yet to talk. It was Tony Stark.

"It seems you are figuring out you threw yourself into some pretty big people's radars," The first one said. "My name is Phil Coulson, and we are not arresting you." Peter gave him a look and raised his wrists to prove that he was kinda stuck. "That's just in case. They'll be removed at some point."

"I get why I'm here, but why am I here?" Pete splayed his hands out and Stark tilted his head a bit.

"We want to know how you did it," Stark leaned comfortably against a wall. Pete leaned back, tapping his fingers against the table. Peter's been on the run before but this is his first time getting caught. This is probably not the best impression on the Avengers.

"Or maybe you could tell us why, to start," Steve offered and the other two just stared unblinking. Peter gave them the same expression back. Tony groaned and then began pushing the other men out of the room.

"Tony, you do know I'm technically your boss, right?" Phil asked and let himself leave, following Steve.

"Well I know your big dirty Tahiti secret so shush up," Tony closed the door. He took a seat across from Peter and pointed at the kids hands. "We know what you accessed. Stuff regarding Inhumans and the vaccine for them. You aren't like them, you know that, right?" Peter looked away. "Well, obviously now you do. You had access to everything, minus a few things only Coulson sees. There's no true vaccine, and it would do nothing but kill you if you take it."

"So?" Peter said staring up at the ceiling.

"You can't bleed it out of you— your powers, I mean," Tony flipped Peter's hands and poked his palms. Peter clenched his fists and pulled against the chains.

"I had to get know if I could or not. I had absolutely no information and now I still have none. This was a waste of time and I just want to go home."

Tony let out a scoff. "What home?" He asked. "We know you left your Aunt about 7 months ago and you have no other living family members. What's your motivation, Parker?" Tony removed the sunglasses he was wearing. Pete glared and flipped his hands over.

"I want it gone, I don't want to be used. I don't want to work for anybody because of my powers and I don't want to be killed for it. I'm not a weapon. I will kill myself before I'm weaponized." Pete looked angry but empty. He had nothing that you'd expect from a scared kid left in them, just determination to end it all. Whether it was himself or his powers.

"Peter, your powers are not going to weaponized. They are actually incredible. Your powers are part of you, just like your brain. Yes- we know about your grades. Genius kid, could've graduated if you hadn't left school. MIT probably would've loved you, probably still would. You own your powers and nobody can make you do anything you want because, honestly, with them you can do anything. SHIELD, while most of them are kinda rude, they are morally correct. They're here to help you, not use you. The Avengers, something else your hacking also gave you access to, are also interested in you."

"Wait, what?" Pete leaned forward. "Why? Shouldn't I be more of an enemy than an ally."

"Well, yes, but we don't know if you're truly an enemy right now. You're more of a scared kid than some Loki problem. We have other people- enhanced people. Wanda, Cap, Pietro, Bucky, and even more people in SHIELD. We know how terrifying this is— and I'm sorry that this," He gestured to Peter's scarred and cut up hands, "is how you felt, and feel, like you have to deal with this. You don't have to sign a contract yet but we want to get you introduced to becoming a hero, not just a hacker." Tony stood up and put his sunglasses back on.

Peter stared in silence and contemplated. Maybe he could see his Aunt again... and he could see Ned and MJ. He missed them all and he was scared of hurting them or someone coming for them. Maybe he could protect them.

Tony sighed and turned to leave.

"Wait," Pete stood up, faltering as he forgot his wrists were still locked and his legs were week from sitting but kept up. "I want to try." Tony turned back around and raised his eyebrows. "I want to be a hero."

Kinda long chapter but I like how it turned out. Again, this was a request but I don't have who requested it recorded. So, if you're reading this requester, I hope you liked it! Thank you guys for reading and remember to comment and vote!