Petey Boi has diabetes

Ok, so this is a request. I'm guessing it means type 1 and I'm only personally familiar with type 2 so I hope I get everything correct. If not, feel free to message me. -Author

Peter sat down in class and glanced up to the wipe board to see the agenda for the day. He frowned when he saw that there was a sub but he shrugged it off. It didn't really matter, he'd end up working with Ned, whether they were put together or not.

He held his head as a slight pulse went through it. He sighed and checked his glucose monitor. The numbers were getting a bit low so he was going to need to eat soon. He dug through his bag to find his apple juice and starbursts. Before, however, he was going to have to give himself an insulin shot and he sighed. The sub definitely wasn't going to like that. He grabbed it and immediately the sub was on him.

"I'm sorry, why do you have a syringe in class?" The sub asked and grabbed it. Pete let his arm fall down.

"I have-"

"No, you are going to the office. What is your name?" The sub said. Peter sighed and him his name. He felt too tired to argue and Ned wasn't in class yet to back him up. He grabbed his snacks and put them back in his backpack.

The sub held out a slip of paper and Peter walked past without grabbing it. He didn't care. The sub watched him with an angry expression but didn't make an effort to stop him.

The halls were slowly emptying out as classes began. He hung his head and focused on moving himself forward. Peter finally reached the office and sighed, dropping down in a chair. This would be a good time to have that insulin shot so he could eat. He just needed to control his god dang glucose levels, why is that so difficult.

"Hey, Peter," The nice desk lady said and smiled at him. "We just got a call from the sub. What are they saying about you carrying around heroin?" Peter rubbed his face.

"No, it was my insulin shot. I have a backup in the nurses office, could you grab it?" The desk lady blinked back before nodding. She left to grab it. Peter took out his snacks and set them on his lap.

"Here you go, sweetie," She said and handed him the shot. "Is there someone I could call?"

"Um, the second emergency contact. May worked night shift last night, she's still sleeping," Peter said. She nodded and dialed the contact. Peter took the shot and waited a bit before eating.

After a while, Tony burst into the office.

"Hey, Tony," Peter says standing up and grabbing his backpack. He turned to the desk lady, "bye, thanks for letting me chill here." The desk lady dragged her eyes away from Tony and gave him a warm smile and said bye.

"I absolutely hate subs. Where are they, I want to beat them up," Tony cracked his knuckles and Peter laughed. They walked out. "How do you feel about some McDonalds?"

"Sounds good to me."

School is pretty easy so far. I kind of like online learning but it's only the second week, so we'll see. Thank you for reading and remember to comment and vote!