To Save With Your Life

-Shinya's POV-

I walked up to Guren.

"Got a second?" I asked Guren.

"Let me guess, you want to drag me out of this mess because it's likely a trap." Guren said to me.

"No, I get that we don't have a choice. We need those squads to win this war. It's not like there're many humans left to take their places." I said to him.

"Then what are you going to complain about?" Guren said to me.

"C'mon, Guren, I never said I had any complaints." I said looking at him and then looking ahead.

"Many of our comrades were killed. You don't always handle that well. I was just worried about you, that's all. By the way, I've been meaning to ask you. What's going on in your head when you see Y/N. I always get this feeling that you're plotting something and it includes her. I just want to make sure it's nothing serious that I should be worried about." I said to him to get further information on their relationship to each other.

"It's nothing evil. I just want her to myself is all there is to it. I'm just a guy in love who's trying to get his girl to love him back." He said to me.

My eyes widened.

"Guren, you do realize she's almost half your age. Not to mention, you raised her and took her in." I said to him.

He blinked at me.

"Your point." Guren stated.

"It's boarder line incest. Not to mention, you're betraying her trust by scheming this. Didn't you hear her before. She's engaged to someone else." I said trying to convince him to let go.

"Don't you think I know that. Out of everyone here I am the one that knows that the most. And I thought about it over and over again in my head. But no matter what I did I couldn't forget her. I love her too much to just let her go without fighting for her." Guren said to me obviously frustrated with himself.

I sighed.

"Alright. I won't say anything or judge. But if you do something to hurt her, I won't be easy on you." I said to him seriously.

He laughed slightly and put his hand on my shoulder and walked ahead of me.

I stared at his retreating back.

...

-Y/N's POV-

I saw Yuu gasp slightly.

"Is something wrong, Yuu?" I asked him.

"No. It's just getting really cloudy." He told me.

"It's the perfect weather to launch an attack." Shinoa said walking up from behind us.

I nodded in agreement to her statement.

"Yeah. Let's get on with it." Yuu said determinedly.

...

Guren continued to scope the place with his mine telescope.

"Hmm... The vampires are definitely planning to ambush us. I'll have to reconsider what we should do next." Guren calculated carefully.

"What are you talking about? I mean, we're gonna go rescue them, aren't we?" Yuu said to him.

"Yuu, we can't just charge them head on without a plan. It's not smart. We lack the manpower right now and we're at a disadvantage. We need to tread carefully right now." I told him.

"She's absolutely right. Right now, we can't afford any screw up's. One mistake could cost us losing the war. And cannot let that happen." Guren said in agreement.