Confusing Feelings and a Resolution

I was about to walk when I felt a tug on my sleeve.

I turned around.

"Guren? What are you doing here?" I said surprised.

I've been seeing him a lot lately...

"Uh-hi... " He said awkwardly.

"Hi? What is it, sir?" I said trying to be respectful.

"I just came here to see how you are doing. Your training, I mean." He said nervously.

"Oh! Today I broke out of a demon trying to possess me, so I think I'm doing really well!" I said smiling brightly.

Proud of myself.

"So I've heard." He said ruffling my hair.

I saw him... Smiling?

'Is that a smile? No, can't be...' I thought to myself.

"Oh! I came to give you a present for... Congratulating you on your uh-training!" He said quickly giving me the chocolates.

'Chocolates? Isn't this what you buy your girlfriend or something?' I thought raising an eyebrow, then shrugged it off and smiled.

"Thank you, I'll make sure to cherish it." I said holding it to my chest.

"Umm... That's all I came here for, so make sure to be careful on your way back!" He said quickly walking away.

"Oh-okay. See you, then." I said looking at his retreating form.

I looked at the chocolates in my hand.

'Chocolates are definitely something you give your girlfriend. Especially when they are heart-shaped like these... ' I thought.

My eyes opened wide.

"Does Guren think of me like that?" I said.

My eyes were wide.

                        With Guren

'God! Why didn't I just tell her!? It's just three damn words! I like you. But a congratulations present!? She might question why I didn't get a present for the other two!' He thought, angry at himself, in his office.

"Haah... No helping it now. I gave her the gift. That's all that matters. I have to get to work." He said trying to focus on his work.

                            With Y/N

I sat in bed thinking over the gift.

I had always dreamed of Guren loving me and we getting married, but so much has happened and now I have gotten close to Yuu and Yoichi. Even Mika.

I love all of them equally, but in what way, I'm not sure anymore.

"Haah, I can't sleep... " I turned in bed trying to sleep.

'Do I even feel the same way about everyone as I did back then in my world?' I thought realizing; my feelings aren't the same as back then because I'm a completely different person than I was when me and Christina first came here.

Plus I view them as people now and not characters on a screen.

"Plus, I can't fall in love. Christina and I are going to find a way home after we save everyone." I said.

I made up my mind.

I, absolutely, cannot fall in love with someone from this world.

'It's better this way. Plus, they would only end up hurt once we return home.' I thought sadly.

I slowly drifted off to sleep.