Our Last Goodbye...

(Todoroki's POV)

   I held Y/N's limp body in my arms, tears welling up in my eyes. 

   Why? 

  I felt the tears falling down my cheeks as I held her close to my chest, rocking slowly. "Get up, Y/N....this isn't funny...and...it wasn't supposed to happen so soon anyway...." I cried. Then I stopped myself. No....it wasn't supposed to happen at all...But I made it happen. This is all my fault. But still...I loved her. Wasn't that enough? I loved her so much...But she still left me. Why?

   I concluded that I must not have loved her enough in time....It must have been Yaoyorozu's influence...Sure, I liked her, but...not as much as Y/N....

   I heard footsteps rushing through the hallways and turned my head, my face still stained with tears. Y/N's girl gang was there, and so was Kirishima, Midoriya, and Mr. Aizawa. "Todoroki..." I heard Uraraka's voice say, rather quietly. Even so, I could hear her voice quivering. Ashido, Jiro, Hagakure, and Yaoyorozu looked horrified. Mr. Aizawa looked grim. "I'll need you to explain what happened here, Todoroki." he said quietly. "I...sir, she was coughing...and she..she fell, and-" Mr. Aizawa stopped me. "Nobody drops dead from coughing. And if they do, it's not this bloody. But I can see that you're clearly in pain right now. Go home." he ordered.

   "W-wait...sir..What are you going to do with her?" I asked, my voice quivering. He stared into my eyes, his face expressionless, but his eyes were dark. "I suppose we'll have to call her family and tell them. And the principal, too, of course." he replied. "No...I mean..What will you do with her? Her body, I mean..." I whispered. He stared at me for what seemed like a minute or so. "I don't know." he admitted quietly. " It's not for me to decide." He left it at that and walked out, presumably to talk to Principal Nezu. Uraraka, Jiro, Ashido, Hagakure, and Yaoyorozu came rushing forwards, while Kirishima and Midoriya walked up to me and Y/N's body. "Todoroki......" I heard Kirishima whisper. "......" I couldn't bear to face him. I knew what he would say if I did. But he kept going anyway. "You....you know what happened, don't you? And you know why, too..." he murmured. I shut my eyes tightly. "Shut up..." I heard a voice say. "M-Midoriya? C'mon, you can see that this whole thing was his fault! If he'd just noticed sooner, she might still be alive!" Kirishima yelled. Midoriya glared at him. "He's in pain. You can't just tell him that someone's death was his fault when he's hurting that much about it. In fact, you shouldn't say anything like that in the first place! What's wrong with you?" Midoriya scolded. Kirishima fell silent. 

   "I'm sorry..." he said finally. I nodded reluctantly and looked over at the girls. They were all huddled in front of me, staring down at Y/N's body. Some of them, like Uraraka, Jiro, and Yaoyorozu, cried silently, but Ashido and Hagakure couldn't contain their cries. They were crying loudly over her, their tears falling into Y/N's H/C hair. 

   I wanted it to end. I wanted to wake up. I kept pinching myself and scratching myself. But nothing happened. Nothing changed. Everyone was still crying, and I was sitting on the floor with Y/N, limp and silent, on my lap. 

   I stared solemnly at her, her skin turned frighteningly pale and her clothes stained with blood. I started looking around her at the petals and flowers. Suddenly, one caught my eye.

   It was a beautiful rose, split in the middle with one half red and one half white.