Die A Little

This chapter is much longer than I thought it'd be, just fair warning.
(Narrator POV)
When the Avengers went back into the memories, it was no longer a vision of the astral plane they had all grown so used to after hours of combing through Loki's little puzzle box.

Instead, they saw light grey skies and endless dark grey stone as the ground. They were outside, but could all see what appeared to be a faintly glowing river and a large stone wall in the distance.

Loki looked the same as he had in the last memory, except a bit more openly worried and with no cape on.

"Okay, I still have my pocket dimensions, and I can still summon my daggers." Loki breathed out as he started walking toward the tall wall. "First things first, Blood of Helheim."

As they all got closer, they could see some soldiers (that looked pretty much like skeletons with green glowing eyes) walking on the top part of the wall like they were on patrol.

"What is the Blood of Helheim?" Tony inquired after a few moments, sounding almost worried.

"It is something that can only be found in certain deposits among the realm. Very few know of locations to get it from. It is essentially blood that runs through the planet, it is incredibly powerful. I do not know all of it's uses since I so rarely inquired about magic." Thor informed them.

"I wish we could ask him." Tony huffed and got a chorus of agreements from the group.

They all looked back to Loki and saw that green fire was coming out of the ground and the flames were licking at the trickster's calves before seemingly evaporating.

"He is absorbing power from the realm." Thor sounded awed. "I have never seen anyone be able to do that so effortlessly."

Loki walked onto the grey desert-like area that was on the side of the stone and much closer to the wall. He appeared to survey it a moment before he approached stealthily.

The wall was flat stone, but there were little coves that each held a torch with green fire along the outside of the structure.

Loki was a good yard away before he stopped, took another deep breath, and then took off in a run. He jumped a few feet from the wall, ran up it at an angle, and grabbed the indent in the barricade. It was an impressive jump considering the wall was a about 20 feet tall. Perks of being a God, the team guessed.

The others were now watching in a more birds-eye view instead of following him. That way they didn't have to try and make it up that wall too.

He hung from the wall for a second before he swung his leg over with a boost off the side. He landed on his feet and swung a dagger at one of the creatures before it could get within a four foot radius of him.

"I thought he didn't have magic. How'd he get the dagger so fast?" Steve asked as they watched Loki slice through all the guards that came his way.

"He hid weapons all over himself and trained to be as fast as possible. He also enchanted them to be like my hammer, Mjolnir. They come when he calls, magic or no." Thor informed them with a proud smile. He under-appreciated for so long, but it was hard not to be proud of his brother after he finally realized how he was overlooking the younger God.

Loki was now walking along the wall, killing guards when he needed to, but otherwise continuing on his path. He finally stopped at what seemed to be a random point and jumped off the wall to land inside of it instead of outside like where he had been before.

They were now in a giant stone courtyard with small grey buildings scattered around and random caverns in the ground that seemed to have no end were strewn about. In the center, a few miles from where Loki was was a castle made of spiked rocks and stone.