forty

(Please vote and comment! It means the world x)

N I A L L

"Yes, I have that sorted. Yes, I did that. No, I haven't had time to do that yet but...I'm not putting it off I'll do it later. I just didn't have the time this morning! Yes, I'm steaming the dress right now. I promise," I hear Lillianna ranting on the phone and I just know by the tone of her voice that she is speaking to Vivian who is undoubtedly inundating her with questions and chores to complete in preparation for the Oscars tomorrow night.

As I enter our bedroom I see that she has transformed the space into an Oscars preparation room as the entire area is a mess and is stacked with clothes, shoes and makeup.

My eyes are instantly drawn to her as she stands with her back to me wearing a tight pink crop top, denim jeans and her Doc Martens with pink frilly socks sticking out at the top. Her red hair is pulled into two low pigtails, a favourite hairstyle of hers probably because it's so easy.

"Goodbye," she says quietly with a sigh as she ends the call and when I walk towards her she jumps in surprise making me smile.

"You scared me," she admits with a giggle as I walk towards her, pulling her close to my chest and breathing in her familiar scent of roses and vanilla.

"Sorry," I apologise as I gently kiss her lips, tasting her cherry lipgloss.

"You're forgiven," she mumbles between kisses and when she pulls away I find myself missing her touch.

"Are your earrings Barbie doll heads?" I ask with a laugh and she nods in response, playfully flicking her ponytails so I can have a closer look.

"I love them," I say with a smile as I attempt to pull her closer to me again.

"What's wrong?" I ask her after a while as she seems somewhat distant.

"Nothing, I just have so much to do and so little time," she sighs as she plants a kiss on my cheek and returns to steaming her dress.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" I ask as I begin to fold the messy pile of clothes sitting on our bed.

"I have to set out my jewellery, pick the shoes, steam the dress, send my Instagram passwords to the Oscars team, send a short video to Stefan for the movie press, text Elio and arrange a makeup look, buy plasters, I also have to tan oh my god," Lilli rambles, holding her head in her hands as she becomes more overwhelmed.

"Lilli, you need to take a break you've been running around all day," I insist and I can tell that she's beginning to finally listen to me as she starts to take deep breaths.

"I will help you with the list but please let me take you somewhere fun!" I practically beg, holding out my hand for her to take.

"You've been so busy with interviews and press this month! You deserve a break and I have the best idea," I explain excitedly but Lilli continues to stare at me blankly.

"It's already 6:30!" She whines but she reluctantly follows behind me as I pull my shoes on and grab my car keys.

"Niall, where are we going?" She asks repeatedly, becoming frustrated as my grin only grows.