Chapter 60

Songs of Inspiration:

I See Fire - Ed Sheeran

Bluebird - Sara Bareilles

Apologize - One Republic

Waiting On the World To Change - John Mayer

Allyson's POV

THANKSGIVING DAY

"Where is Harry and Niall with the turkey?!" I shout to Morgan who being useless as she taps away on her phone in the living room. 

"Harry said they are at the store now, so they should be back soon-ish," she responds.

I sigh and continue to mash the potatoes, recommendation by Niall. 

This ThanksGiving is different than one I have had in a while. Morgan and I usually go out to eat or just order take out turkey from this place a few streets down. But, a decision made by the group of people currently staying in our small little apartment, we chose to make a big dinner. So as I sweat away in the kitchen cooking everything from sides to dessert, Harry and Niall's only job was to pick up a pre-cooked turkey and buy a dining table, since we only have a small island in our kitchen, that is only a counter top and not much of a sit down area. 

Where we will put the dining table that the supposedly already picked up, I have no clue. I'm assuming right behind the island where we  have quite a bit of empty floor space, but I'm not certain. And, I don't really care. As long as we all fit in one table, together, I'm happy.

It's a pretty big crew after all; Harry, Niall, Morgan, Jordan, Mark and I. 

I might as well invite our neighbors while I'm at it, and their families. Party at Allyson and Morgan's!

Once the potatoes are all mashed, buttered and salted up, I scoop it all up into a nice bowl and then finish up the gravy, green beans and stuffing. Everything else is already done and the only dessert I'm waiting on still is the triple chocolate turtle cheesecake; recommendation of Jordan. It was a dessert I used to make and bring to his house for Christmas Eve parties. I've always been interested in cooking and baking, and he always stuck by my side to taste all of my concoctions, not matter how foul or repulsive. 

The little things he did and still does for me are the reasons why he is a close second to being my best friend.

Speaking of the dirty blonde boy, he is currently with Mark on grocery store duty. I needed some last minute food items, like coffee beans and milk and alcohol, and Jordan is old enough and so is Mark so it's a lot easier for them than Morgan or I.

Fifteen minutes later and every single food item is completed and distributed nicely on the island where I am planning to have everyone serve themselves instead of placing on the dining table, since I don't know what the furniture even looks like yet. For all I know Harry and Niall picked up one of those weird shaped ones that is a blob or a cow. 

"Do you need any help Al?" Morgan calls over to me, not removing her focus from her phone. Honestly, what does she do on that thing 24/7?

"You should've asked me an hour ago," I roll my eyes.

" 'kay, " she replies simply.

I untie my apron and job upstairs to apply some makeup, just because I feel like I should look nice in honor of the holiday. I should at least look like I care, I guess.

When I'm finished I walk downstairs just in time to see Harry and Niall struggling to carry the table they bought through the door as Morgan guides them with directions.