Chapter 76

Songs Of Inspiration:

Hey There Delilah - Plain White Tee's ft Louis

Amnesia - 5 Seconds of Summer  ( @smileyyhoran )

Unpredictable - 5 Seconds of Summer

Social Casualty - 5 Seconds of Summer

Tonight Tonight - Hot Chelle Rae

Allyson's POV

I exit the building to the dark night of Boston, and shove my hands into the pockets of my black trench coat to keep them warm. Winters in New England are always brutal, but to be completely honest, I would hate to live anywhere that doesn't experience this frigid cold, no matter how wicked it can sometimes become.

Technically, winter has been going on for quite a while now, but the dropped temperatures have only just begun, as it is the first day of February.

February has to be one of my least favorite months, even though my birthday is half way through it, probably just because there is nothing much to it. It's either plain cold, or that awkward in between where it's cold, but not cold enough to snow so it's just icky.

And plus, Valentines Day is smack dab in the middle, and with my fortunate luck of never having a boyfriend for very long, I've always had the lovely experience of spending each one single as a pringle. And I can sit in these woes for the next few days until my birthday follows shortly after.

What an exciting month February is.

I continue my way down the sidewalk in my daily commute home from work, something that I surprisingly enjoy. Although my job is not very stressful, I just love being able to clear my mind of everything after a long day of sitting behind a computer and coming outside to the fresh air and city surroundings. The tall buildings give this vibe that just accentuate everyone's moods to happier ones. It's remarkable how much energy and power one city can hold.

It's around dinner time, so there are a few couples dressed nicely, I'm assuming to head on a nice date somewhere in the North End where the good Italian food is.

Ahead and walking towards me is a petite, short blonde haired girl in a knit coat. Aside her is a tall, brunette guy who is barely keeping his eyes off of the girl. She shivers a bit, and in less than a second the guy whips off his scarf and wraps it around the girl, who smiles before pulling his shoulder down so she can lean up and kiss his cheek.

As we walk passed each other, the two are in fits of giggles.

I almost want to tell the girl to ditch the guy now because every single one on this planet is a fucking ape.

Might as well leave him now.

Way to be a negative Nelly.

While my subconscious has an argument with the other half of my mentally impaired mind, I cross the street and almost slip on some black ice, but catch myself before I do so.

"You alright there?" a voice asks as I walk a bit quicker to cover up my minor trip.

I slow my pace, unsure if the voice was even for me, but hear footsteps stop so I turn around.

"Yes, thanks," I say, staring at the sidewalk and not wanting to meet the face of the speaker.

"I feel like I always find you on the streets," he laughs and my neck snaps up.

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry, I didn't even realize it was you," I cover my face with my chilled hands to hide my embarrassment.

"It's alright," he smiles and stares at the ground, playing with his feet.