Chapter 75

This chapter specially goes out to one of my favorite readers, Tori. <3 I love you so so much, hope you enjoy this chapter!! (Her instagram is @narryordie go follow her!!!)

Songs Of Inspiration:

Wake Me Up - Ed Sheeran

Bloodstream - Ed Sheeran

Up All Night - One Direction LIVE at the ITunes Festival (IRRELEVANT TO THE CHAPTER BUT IT JUST CAME ON PANDORA AND IM SCREAMING)

Drop In The Ocean - Ron Pope (my all time favorite song dont even touch me)

Wildest Dreams - Taylor Swift

Little Things - One Direction ft Sofia

Allyson's POV 

THREE WEEKS LATER

My eyes scroll rapidly across the computer screen, and I can feel how red and strained they are. I can only imagine how horrifying I looked, all fluttered as I scramble to locate this stupid file I have been searching for ages for. 

The screen of my phone lights up and my eyes quickly dart to the message that pops up.

*Give yourself a break! You look like you just murdered someone and is trying to cover it up*

I glance up to see my co worker standing in the doorway of my quaint little office, head against the frame and legs crossed.

"Get your ass out of that chair and come to the airing room," she waves her hand for me to follow her, but I don't stand up.

"What, why? I don't ever go on air-" 

"TJ said you should to 'de-stress' yourself," Devon uses air quotes and I laugh at her when she does this.

"I don't know what to say though," I tell her.

"Just talk about anything! Stop being such a Debby downer, it will cheer you up," she grins extra wide and before I change my mind I stand up as she drags me down the hall to where the magic of this company is made.

She whips open the door to reveal a room I have only seen a few times in the period time I have worked here.

There is a recording studio in the back, with various instruments on the wall and a couple of microphone stands.

In the actual room its self, there is a round-ish table with tablets, laptops, and radio systems. TJ, one of my bosses and a radio host, sits in a chair by the table with a headset. In front of him on the table is a strange-technical looking box that I'm assuming controls the sound and when he goes on air or not. He is holding a tablet too, as he scrolls away and waves at us.

"You excited Parker?" he asks me, a grin spread across his face.

"Nervous," I correct him and take the seat next to him which he pulls out for me. Devon sits on the other side of him, but I wish she sat next to me to come my nerves. I never do very well speaking in front of many people, and this is the whole city of Boston I am going to talk too.

"There's a song playing right now, so we can talk without being overheard. Here, take these and put them on," TJ hands me a headset which I examine before placing on myself.

"So this is the control box. Each button is pretty much labeled, like on air, off air, switch to song, volume,various sound effects bla bla bla bla," he points these out and I nod to confirm that I am listening.