⇝ dinners and dynasties ⇜

EVA CONSIDERED BEING NERVOUS FOR DINNER WITH ODIN

But then she simply opted out of that feeling.

Because Eva Lokison almost died two days ago from being so far away from Asgard, and if she was going to die of a heart attack after finally getting there, she really was going to lose her mind.

So she stayed (uncharacteristically) quiet and followed Loki to the dining hall.

This walk was slower than the one she had rushed through Frigga at her side; she could finally take a good look at the pillars and structures around her; at the patterns that scaled the walls; and at the windows which were giving way to possibly the most inviting place Eva had ever laid eyes on.

It was like a fairytale.

You will go home.

Eva's eyes snapped away from the windows, and her hands clasped behind her back.

Loki spared her a look, and recognized this motion, but said nothing about it.

"Are you hungry?" he asked her, his head tilting down as if she was a child.

Which she wasn't.

Eva bit back a scowl and shook her head. "I am not."

"You weren't eating on Midgard," he commented, his eyes staring straight before they fell to catch a glimpse of her expression, which hadn't changed. His eyes resumed their position ahead. "I thought that was simply a protest."

"It was," Eva admitted because Loki could always see right through her. "But I am not hungry now."

"And that is another protest?"

Eva looked up at Loki irritably, stopping in her pace to glare at him. "I am not a child," she reminded him. "I know how to tell if I am hungry."

Loki stared down at her with a similarly irritated expression. "I doubt you know the difference with your protests and your true nature," he expressed.

"And you do?" she pressed, cocking her head. "I haven't seen you eat once."

"I-" Loki stopped for a moment, acknowledging the truth in her statement.

(To which Eva smiled in content.)

"That's different," he supplied, finally finding his words again. "It is in your nature to eat more frequently."

"My nature?" Eva echoed, considering what her nature truly was.

She was born to Loki - she had to be a part goddess. But she had lived on earth all her life, and if Anna was not her mother then-

"Eva."

Her head was aching, and Eva's scowl deepened as she turned away from Loki, and began walking again.