┖ terrible truths and truces

school's kicking my butt :(  please comment and vote!

LOKI WAS STANDING ON THE RAINBOW BRIDGE OF THE BIFROST WHEN ANNA APPEARED

Thor had told him all about the attack, the guilt of the Jotun on Eva's current situation, and he took it surprisingly well.

If by surprisingly well a person meant prepared to travel to a different planet to track down his daughter and tell her an entire race was planning her demise.

Before they could even begin the passage to Midgard, a half-dead body appeared in Heimdall's dome.

"Oh dear," Loki said emotionlessly as Thor rushed forward, observing the body.

Look squinted, and after a moment his eyes widened - he recognized Anna and went to her side.

"The life has been sucked out of her," Heimdall mentioned.

"Well, your daughter is working faster than we had planned," Thor told Loki as he stared down at Anna.

He had wanted to woman to pay for everything she'd done to Eva, but she was still Sigyn's child. And he had promised to watch over her, too.

Well, two vows down the drain in a matter of a few days. What else could Loki do to ruin the memory of his dead wife?

"Her powers are growing stronger," Heimdall told them, a dark truth that both brothers chose to ignore.

"We should get her to the healers," Thor suggested, reaching for the younger girl. He didn't see Anna much as a child - she was always isolated or with Frigga. But he felt pity as he saw the scrapes and bruises Eva had laid upon her.

Loki looked at him like he was mad. "She goes to prison."

"She's half-dead, Loki!"

Loki's eyes narrowed. "Have you forgotten -"

"Boys!" Frigga shouted, her dress clutched in her hands as she stood on the edge of the Bifrost. She stared down at the nearly lifeless body in front of her.

She sent Loki a scrutinizing look. He diverted his eyes. "She'll go to the healers," Frigga finalized, beckoning Loki and Thor forward, both of which sent a fleeting look towards Heimdall and the Bifrost.

♛♛♛

LOKI COULD REMEMBER THE FIRST FEW TIMES HE TRULY MET ANNA.

He had known little of her when she moved to the palace alongside her mother. He had attempted to be polite, but she was a withdrawn young girl, and Loki was never one to push.