Chapter 37

I turned off my phone. I don't want to talk to anybody else now. I feel like I was the one who got traumatized to what happened. Alam mo iyong kahit ilang beses mo na intindi, wala pa rin talaga? Hindi ko pa rin maproseso, hindi ko pa rin maintindihan. Masyadong mabilis. Masyadong napabilis.

"Hija.. Alis na raw kayo.." Suminghap ako at tumayo. My phone is there, charging and it's off. But that's not the only thing I did. I removed the SIM and put it somewhere else, kung saan hindi ko makukuha kaagad.

When Manang saw me, I can sense the pity on her stares. "Maniwala ka sa akin, hindi magagawa ng daddy mo iyon." She caressed my hair and kissed my cheeks. I nod my head as I wipe the tears away from my eyes.

It just feels like.. I am so much wrong for doing it to him.. To conclude something that fast. Akala ko kasi gumagawa lang siya ng paraan para umalis ako roon at magstay sa kaniya. Pero hindi. All of these are real, no acting or no pretending.

Kahit ilang beses kong sabihin sa sarili na... Napangunahan lang ako ng gulat kaya nasabi ko iyon.. Na I shouldn't feel this way anymore but it's still here. I am so much hurt that I mouthed him, knowing that he's being accused for something that he didn't even did!

How come he's the reason why Direk's daughter death? As far as I know, she meet an accident where she also meets her death? I don't see the logic. I can't see the logic to their sides.

How come he's responsible for her death?!

The whole first floor was quiet. They are all waiting me at the car. Manang kissed me one last time before letting me go. I don't know where we're heading, as far as I know, we'll face the family of deceased woman.

Nakatulala lang ako sa labas. Mom's caressing my hand, trying to calm me down but there's now way I'll be calm if this still existing. Kakalma lang ako kapag natapos na ang lahat na 'to.

I suddenly think about phone. But I remembered, I left it behind. I don't know why I removed my SIM, I don't know why I turn it off. Ayoko pang makausap ang isa sa kanila. And I assume that they don't want either.

I know Rey's mad now at me, for not reaching him back. He's not answering back, I have the right to do the same, too.

When we got into the location, nasa isa kaming police station. Pinanood kong hawakan si daddy at alalayan sa loob na para bang paralisado. Do they think an educated man will run away? My daddy won't do that. He'll cross seas just to prove that he's innocent.. That he shouldn't be here, in the first place.

We were instructed to stay at one room. There's two tables and we occupied the other one. As soon as they leave us, I looked at Dad. He's staring at nothing, kanina pa siyang ganoon. Mas lalo lang akong maguilty sa ginawa ko.

"Care to share what really happened?" I just need us to talk. If we let ourselves be silent, we'll surelyngp crazy. And I don't want that. I needed to know the whole story. And if we're innocent, we need to be on the right side of history.

Daddy didn't answer, he's still spacing out. Nagising lang siya nang sikuhin siya ni mommy. He blinked and asked what was it. I sighed and repeat the question.

Natagalan bago niya nasagot ang sagot. Mom said we need to exchange seats so I will hear more clear and precise. Pagkaupo ko sa gitna, nagsimula na siya magkuwento. But before that, I said that he should tell the truth, nothing but the truth, I can help this family to be proved innocent. I have few kakilala na lawyers, na magagaling talaga.

I need them to fight for us. So I told him that he should tell the truth, he must start from where it all started.

"And the next thing I knew, they halt the business flow of the company and decided to accuse me in court." He shrugged. I know him so much. He may feel scared but I can hear through his voice that he's telling the truth, that he's innocent.