Severing the Red Thread 12

愿得一人心,白首不相离。(Yuàndé yīrénxīn, báishǒu bùxiānglí. 'wish get a person heart, white head not one-another apart) — Long for a heart, never be apart.

🌸💮🌸💮🌸💮🌸💮🌸💮🌸💮🌸💮

Bai Feng Jiu's POV

After that nerve wracking face-off of my family and Dong hua Dijun, it ended with grandpa and father on relenting to Dijun.  Well, Dijun just brought all the right armaments to face my parents and since the 4seas, 8 lands and the 9heavens know by now that Dijun and I are together, they just let Dijun have his way. Grand father and father just felt sorry for me since,  I have a very capable husband, they felt that if Dijun wronged me,  they can't avenge me. I think they are so silly for thinking this.

We had a formal meal, Dijun and I sat together while father and mother sat the opposite.  Grandfather, 4th uncle and grandfather bailed out and the trio went to their own business. Only father, mother and Dijun talked the wedding preparations.
Since Dijun practiced divination, he decided to hold it 3rd of next month and mother and father just nodded.  Dijun assured them that since I am the only grandchild of the Bai Clan,  he will give me a grand wedding ceremony which my parents are delighted. Dijun also said that Taichen Goong's steward Zhong Lin will assist mother and father for the preparation.

After the wedding talks and the dinner, mother and father excused themselves and said they will retire to their own chambers. Although Migu prepared Dijun's room, I told Migu that his highness and I are going somewhere. I dragged a smiling Dijun outside of the den and in Qingqiu's lotus pond, tall grass and flying fire flies, I urged him to sit beside me.

"I told you that I'll take you to star gazing." I giggled and I saw Dijun lay down on the soft grass.  The soft night breeze and chirping night insects can only be heard while we stargaze.

"Are you happy? " a question that Dijun asked out of the blue that took me off guard. I turned to him and replied YES.
I asked him back the same question still looking at him. Dijun put his large hand on my back and carressed it up and down like he is calming me down then he answered, "Ofcourse Xiaobai. Your family agreed plus we are together now. I am happy. " he smiled and look at me. I smiled back and I gaze at the starry night sky.  Dijun and I stayed like that for a while and then he grabbed he and lay me down beside him. My head is lying on his arm and continued watching the stars.
"It is so beautiful and peaceful here. " Dijun said.
"Since the heavens don't get dark especially when the night time comes, I always thought of this when I was your pet fox. I am really happy to show this to you. " I gestured the starry heaven. In return Dijun hugged me back and whispered at the top of my head. "Its been a long day for you Xiaobai. Sleep first. Tommorrow, I will take you somewhere very important."
I nodded and hugged him tight. I didn't realize that I am indeed tired
Slowly I dozed of to sleep.

Dong hua Dijun POV

Xiaobai fell asleep as soon as I mentioned sleeping. She is indeed tired. I smiled and kissed the top of her head. I slowly collected Xiaobai in my arms,  stood and walked back slowly to the fox den.

As expected the fox den steward Migu is waiting in the entrance of the den and he rushed to us. I whispered to him to keep quiet and lead the way to Xiaobai's quarters. Migu nodded and lead the way. I slowly put Xiaobai down on her bed and put a blanket on her.  As I stood,  I looked around and inhaled the scent on her room. It smells just like her. I mused.

"I will be leaving for Taichen Goong but I will be back tonight. I will just inform my steward to start on the wedding preparations between Qingqiu and Taichen tomorrow. "

Migu curtsied and slowly went out of Xiaobai's room. I bend down and gave Xiaobai a kiss on her phoenix flower mark on her forehead and left her room. I walked out of the den and magicked myself back to the nine-heavens, Taichen Goong.

I am a bit surprised that my steward Zhong lin, Siming and my friend the 3rd heavenly prince Lian Song is still here at the receiving  area. When they felt my presence, they rushed to were I stood. I looked at their worried faces.  "What are the three of you still doing here? " I asked. 
"We heard rumors going on about." it was Lian Song who speak first.
"About what? " I asked.
"Rumors your majesty that... You and the young highness Bai Feng Jiu spent 6months alone in the mortal realm. " It was Siming who said it this time. I walked and sat to where I usually sat and then looked at Siming and said "Oh?" I leaned my left cheek on my palm

 I walked and sat to where I usually sat and then looked at Siming and said "Oh?" I leaned my left cheek on my palm

"I am not being nosy your majesty its just that we need to address and quell the rumors if it becomes out of hand. " It was Siming again who talked.  I really don't have so much time in answering questions so I looked Zhong Lin and said,
"Zhong Lin, I want you to go and coordinate with Qingqiu tomorrow. Assist them with all the necessary preparations. " I stood and  I saw Zhong Lin bowed and he ask "What is it that I lend my assistance to, if you may your majesty? "
I looked at the three and said in a clear voice.  "Assist Qingqiu for my wedding ceremony." I whisked my hand and a scroll appeared.  "Take this to my study. This is the proof that I married the Qingqiu's queen. " all of them flabbergasted and mute. It's as if it will take them a little while to digest the information I just dropped. I am becoming impatient. So I called Zhong Lin. Zhong lin immediately took the scroll and heeded my request to put it in my study. As I walked towards the exit I heard Lian Song speak again, "You just arrived.  Where are you going again? "
I still continued walking and replied "Back to where my empress is. " and I magicked back myself to where Xiaobai is. I appeared in Xiaobai's room and I smiled again. I saw that she kicked her blankets off. Ah. The usual . I thought to myself. I took of my shoes and squeezed in my tall self in her bed and hugged her sleeping form. Xiaobai muttered something like warm and I smiled and inhaled her peach blossom scent. As I closed my eyes,  I realized that it will be hard for me to live as I live before without her beside me. My last thoughts before I drifted to sleep are children.