Chapter 2

*Audri's pov*

"You really think Ivan likes you just cause he stood up for you. He's mine so back the fuck off" Brittney growls.

"I don't like him" I simply say and start to walk away with Kel.

"I'm just warning you sweetie. Watch your back" She says.

I sigh and walk away to our table. Kel and I meet up with Mike & Kayla.

We sit at the table. I feel someone's eyes on me. I glance over to Ivan. We make eye contact or a second or two till he breaks the eye contact. I sigh and start to munch on my ham and cheese sandwich. Mike, Kel & Kayla have a convo but I stay out of it as I'm distracted by my thoughts of my day.

"Audri are you okay? You're really quiet today" Kayla says.

"Nothing." I say.

"Wanna tell us what happened?" Kayla asks.

I sigh. Right before I have a chance to say anything, I feel freezing cold liquid make contact with my scalp and my thick hair begins to smell like fruit punch. Soon my white shirt is soaked with red substance. I gasp and look up only to be met with an evil smirk which belong to the face of the one and only Brittney.

"Seriously what the fuck is your problem Brittney" Kel snaps and stands up. I begin to tear up.

"Aww look midnight's friend is defending her. How cute. Too bad Ivan won't save you this time" Brittney says as she burst out into a horrific sound she calls a laugh.

"Brittney leave her alone seriously" I hear a deep voice say. Which certainly didn't belong to Mike. I look at his blue eyes, well attempt to since I have a pool of tears blinding my vision.

Ivan sighs and grabs my arm. I don't snatch my arm away. As I hear Kel & Kayla arguing with Brittney. I let Ivan guide me to wherever the hell he's taking me. He pulls me out of the cafeteria.

"Where are you taking me" I sniffle.

"My house we've gotta clean you up besides you've had enough" He mumbles.

"But we can't leave school." I say.

He shrugs simply and says "I know what I'm doing just follow my lead."

Ivan takes me to the main office.

"Good afternoon Ivan you can just go down to Mr. Burt's office." Mrs. mench, the secretary says.

Ivan simply nods and tugs me along to the principal's office.

"Mr. Grainger, Ms. Shay surprise to see you here. What's the problem?" Mr. Burt says, once he acknowledges our presence.

"Hey Mr.Burt, I'm not feeling well plus Brittney has been bothering her all day so I'm gonna take her home" Ivan says.

"Did she do that?" He questions, referring to the fruit punch on my shirt. I nod and my eyes water up once again as I think of the incident.

"Okay that's fine. You're both excused to go home. I'll send a note to your teachers. Feel better Mr. Grainger, if this continues to be a problem let me know Ms. Shay." Mr. Burt explains.

I smile softly and nod as I sniffle.

"Thank you Mr. Burt." Ivan says and tugs me along. As we leave that hellhole we all know as school. We head to the parking lot. He guides me to his blue Chevy Camaro which was decorated with a black line. These were the sexiest cars out there damn.

I hear the little click in the car, indicating the doors were unlocked. Ivan and I get in the car. I get a huge whiff of whatever cologne Ivan wears since his damn car is drenched in Cologne. As if he could read my mind he rolls down the window and speeds off letting me smell the fresh scent of nature.

The car ride was quite awkward. There's nothing worse than an awkward silence, since you're dying to know the persons thoughts.

"Can I ask you something" I say and look at Ivan. I'm actually shocked I grew the balls to even speak to him first.

"Anything sweetheart" Ivan says and glances at me then back at the road.

"Why do you suddenly care about me. Just a couple days ago I didn't exists to you, I didn't even breathe the same air you did." I state.

"Sweetheart why does it matter so much to you?" He calmly says while still looking at the road.

"Because I figured you'd be as a bitch to me as your posse and that little clique are to me..." I say as I begin trailing off.

"Well I'm not a follower as they are I do my own thing. They follow anything me or Britney do." He explains. I look at him and simply nod.

"Sweetheart stop worrying so much about what I think or anyone." He says.

"It's hard not to." I mumble and look out the window.

"Your parents home? Ivan asks.

"No. My mom is a nurse and my dad walked out on my mom when she had me so I don't know who my dad is my sister and brother have the same dad because they're twins..so half the time I'm home alone.." I say and fiddle with my hands.

"Oh I'm sorry. I didn't know that." He apologizes.

"It's fine." I whisper and try not to think about my dad & how or how my mom works so hard to keep a roof above our head.

"Hey cheer up alittle" Ivan says breaking the silence.

I look over to him. The way he was gripping that steering wheel with one arm, the way he kept a calm face while driving while speeding. His spiked dark brown hair and his cherry red lips just made him really attractive.

He raises an eyebrow in amusement and slaps a smirk on his face while still looking at the road.

"Having fun checking me out sweetheart?" He asks.

A blush creeps up on me and I look away and mumble, "I wasn't"

"Anything you say sweetheart." He says sarcastically.

We finally pull up to my house. My house was an average house, comfortable enough for a family of five. I have a sister and brother who are both older than me by two years. They're twins but they're away for college, therefore that leaves me. The baby of the house.

I get out of Ivan's car and head to my front door.

"You can come in if you'd like." I awkwardly assure him.

He smirks and nods. He gets out of his car as he comes inside once I unlock the door to a beautiful place I call home.

"Um. Make yourself comfortable, I'm gonna go shower." I explain to him.

"Okay, thanks" He says and plops him self on the couch.

I nod and head upstairs to shower. I run the water as the steam soon fills the air in the bathroom. I strip and get in the tub as the hot water hits my body. Which felt amazing might I add. I shampoo my thick black hair till I can no longer smell the fruit punch.

After 20 minutes of showering. I get out and put on sweatpants with a loose crop top and tie my hair in a bun, which was now curly from the water and conditioner. I head downstairs to find Ivan looking through my photo books. Great...