Chapter 11: Screaming.

"Uhh.." you hesitated. "Are you sure this is the right place?" You questioned slowly, the four of you peering up at the building in front of you.

"This is what google maps said, so don't blame me." Oikawa held his hands up defensively.

The building was dimly lit from the inside with very minimal decoration on the outside, a dark theme running across its front with wooden slabs along it, each piece rotting and dying as it clung on desperately.

"Maybe we should leave.." Bokuto said wearily.

"I'll go ask if this is the right place." You stated, heading for the front door. "Or if they know where it is." You shrugged, the three boys looking at you like you were insane.

You reached the door, looking over your shoulder to see that non of them had moved and stood in place.

"Pussies." You mumbled under your breath, rolling your eyes before walking in.

You walked in and saw a creepily decorated waiting room, a woman sat behind a counter in the centre of the room. You stayed by the door, catching her attention when you spoke up.

"Is this the escape room place?" You asked, the woman standing up.

"Yes!" She smiled, her behaviour and casual wear contrasting the overall theme of the place. "Welcome! Is it just you?"

"Nope, i have three children waiting outside." You joked.

"Oh, I'm sorry." The woman shook her head. "This place isn't suitable for children."

"Uh, I'm kidding." You smiled, not completely understanding what she meant by 'not suitable'. "They're my friends, they were just scared to come inside."

"Oh! That makes more sense." She laughed after understanding your joke.

You reopened the door and motioned for the boys to come inside, which they hesitantly did.

"These are the three children." You scoffed as they entered through the door, the woman laughing after seeing the irony of the three boys, all of them being massively taller than you and evidently stronger, even though they were petrified just to walk through the front door.

The woman walked over to her computer which was placed neatly on her desk, everyone paying for the escape room.

"Does anyone have any medical problems?" She asked, everyone looking at each other in confusion as it isn't really relevant to an escape room.

"Uh.. no?" You answered.

"Okay! If you'd all like to follow me so you can begin!" She smiled, heading for a corridor that was in the corner of the room, it also being eerily decorated with a darkened theme, the air stale and cold.

You all entered a room and the woman shut the door behind you all, locking it and you heard her footsteps tap as she walked away.

"What kind of escape room is this?!" Oikawa whined. "It's creeping me out!"

"I don't know, man." Kuroo shuddered.

The speaker in the corner of the room crackled before a deep, male voice croaked into it. "You may now begin. Good luck."

You exhaled nervously and began to search around the room at the different tables and shelves, each having specific items scattered all over it.

You managed to find clues as to how to enter the next room, each puzzle having a specific number for a code which unlocked the next door.

"This one says 7?" Kuroo lifted up a wrecked piece of paper that was hidden underneath a bookcase, pinned onto the top shelf.

"That must be the last one then." You nodded, walking over to the door with the four number padlock.