Chapter 20: Shots.

"My fabulous volleyball children!" Hanyu yelled out to everyone at the evening practice, everyone confused by his greeting as he entered the gym

"My fabulous volleyball children!" Hanyu yelled out to everyone at the evening practice, everyone confused by his greeting as he entered the gym. "May I have your attention!"

"Go for it." Daichi nodded.

"The rest of the volleyball tournament has been postponed for a couple days." He stated. "So you'll have to be there for Sunday, rather than tomorrow."

"Hold up! Why?!" You furrowed your eyebrows.

"I don't know.. something to do with a burst pipe above one of the gyms due to all the rain recently." He shrugged.

"Oh.." you sighed. "That's shit.."

"At least we can have more time to work on the things we were getting wrong in our matches." Daichi mentioned.

The next day, since non of you had classes, you spent it practicing and working on small things to help the team. Before anyone even knew it, the evening came around again and it was time to head back to the dorms, you walking back with Kuroo and Oikawa like you usually did.

For a while, it became routine for you and Kuroo to stop and talk for a bit before going into your own rooms, sitting on your corridor after saying goodbye to Oikawa.

He sat across from you with his back leant against the wall, you on the opposing side.

"Have you ever had a girlfriend?" You tilted your head.

He nodded back. "Yeah, two."

"At once?!" You pretended to be shocked, a jokey tone in your voice. "I didn't think you were that much of a player, Kuroo.

"Wha- no!" He denied rapidly. "I'm not!"

"Wait.. so only two?" You questioned.

"Uh.. Yeah?"

"Well I figured you'd have more than that." You shrugged, fiddling with your fingertips.

"Why's that?"

"I don't know.. you just seem like the type to get girls easy." You smiled.

"Well.. thanks." He grinned back.

"Why'd you break up with them then?" You leant the back of your head against the wall behind you.

"The first one was weird, and I think I only said yes because she scared me." He replied, shuddering as he thought about the girl which made you scoff out a laugh. "Plus I was only a first year."

"Okay." You snickered. "What about the second one?"

"She was nice, but she was quite clingy and didn't like how much I played volleyball.. rather than spending time with her." He shrugged. "So we just broke up mutually."

"I guess that makes sense.." you nodded. "Volleyball over girls." You chuckled.

"I'd prefer a girl that plays volleyball." He stated, his eyes locking tight contact with yours.