Chapter 26: Blame.

You squeezed your eyelids down before opening them, the flick of a light waking you up

Once you fully took in your surroundings, you noticed Oikawa with his phone up, the light being a camera flash.

"What are you-" you started but then realised that he was taking a picture, you still cuddled up to Kuroo in the back of the car, the black haired male still fast asleep, his arm gently draped over you. "Give me that." You whisper shouted, knocking the phone out of Oikawa's hand and watching it tumble to the floor.

"Oi!" He growled, snatching his phone from the ground. "I want blackmail."

"I want you to fuck off." You hissed, reluctantly sitting up out of Kuroo's comfortable embrace, looking out of the window and seeing that you were parked in the university campus.

The motion of you sitting up made Kuroo slowly blink awake, the warmth between the both of you completely dissolving away.

You yawned slowly and rubbed your eyes, Ushijima sat in the drivers seat still.

"Thanks for driving us, Ushiwaka." You forced a smile. "And also.. thanks for not crashing."

"No problem." He nodded, all of you getting out of the car.

Everyone began grabbing their belongings from the back of the car, you stretching your legs from being cramped in the middle the entire journey, but you scrunched your nose as the aching in your shoulder sent twinges of pain across your arm.

Kuroo noticed the uncomfortable expression on your face as you held your opposite hand on the sling that encased your shoulder and forearm.

"How's your arm doing..?" He asked.

"It hurts." You mumbled, going to grab your bag from the car, but Kuroo just took it from your hand and put it on his shoulder along with his own without saying anything.

"Thanks." You said quietly from his gesture.

Everyone's mood was dull, disappointed from the loss of the tournament, no one really talking to one another, apart from a simple "goodnight" when everyone went their separate ways to their dorms.

You and Kuroo trudged your way up the flights of stairs to where both of your dorm rooms were, the black haired boy standing by your side as you tiredly poked your key in the lock and twisted the handle.

Before pushing the door open fully, you hesitated.

You inhaled. "I'm sorry.." you mumbled.

Kuroo furrowed his eyebrows. "Wha-"

"If I'd have just managed to get that stupid receive.." you scrunched your face in frustration, keeping your eyes trained on the bottom of the door frame. "Maybe we could've won.."

"It wasn't your fault-"

"We could've been getting trained by an Olympic coach.." you growled, your voice cracking in the back of your throat.