Chapter 16: Old friend.

A/N: this chapter contains some sensitive topics, including sexual harassment, which is something to be taken seriously

A/N: this chapter contains some sensitive topics, including sexual harassment, which is something to be taken seriously. Please read with this in mind.

"W-what the fuck are... are you doing h-here?" You stammered taking a step backwards unsteadily, the condescending smirk on his face making your eyes cloud over with utter fear, your hands trembling by your sides.

"Look at you.. over-reacting to everything." He scoffed, rolling his eyes, scowling down at you as if you were inferior. "You did nothing but over-react in highschool! And look how I ended up because of you."

"G-get away from me.. n-now!" You threatened, but your fear of this boy made your words only exit quietly, almost breathless.

"Oh come on, Ukai." He chuckled, taking a step towards you. "Stop being-"

"Is everything okay here?" You both snapped your head to the voice, Kuroo walking up from behind you, and then to your side. He peered down and noticed the uncharacteristic distress and panic written all over your body language and expression.

His eyebrows creased and switched his eyes to glare up at the other male, his behaviour turning defensive as he took a smaller step forward; you now being a little bit further behind him.

You reached out and clung desperately onto the back of Kuroo's shirt with a tight fist for comfort, this being a confirmation to Kuroo that there was evidently something wrong.

"Nope." The opposing male smiled, brushing a strand of deep brown hair out of his face. "Just.. talking to an old friend. I'm Kaede Maro." He bowed to him as if he had manners. "You?"

"Tetsurō Kuroo." He responded, still cautious of who this guy actually was.

Kuroo looked down to you, but your eyes were just trained to the floor and no words left your lips.

"Are you her boyfriend?" Kaede asked, tilting his head to the side slightly. "Because if you are I'd be careful..." he lent forward to Kuroo and began whispering behind his hand, but his tone was intentionally loud enough to hear and extremely degrading...

"She's a bit of a whore."

"What the fuck." Kuroo growled, pushing the brown haired male away from him with his palm.

He threw his hands up defensively and chuckled. "I'm just saying! She practically threw herself at me in highschool!"

"No I didn't!" You blurted out.

"Wow.. you said that to the principal and that's what got me kicked out." He tutted, crossing his arms over his chest. "You still going on with that lie? Pathetic Ukai, really."

"I-it's not a lie!" You retaliated, but just his presence made you sick with nerves. Your throat ached as you tried to prevent him from seeing any tears, the stinging in your eyes as they welled up.